At Avondblij Guest House we offer our guests a comfortable, luxurious and tranquil accommodation. We take great pride in service excellence and warm hospitality.
Throughout your stay with us in the Ostrich Capital of the world, a destination situated on the Garden Route that is a must-visit, we strive to make it as pleasant and memorable as possible until the next visit!
Gernes & Nadine Claassen welcomes you to Avondblij Guest House, a 1940s Art Deco style home that has been tastefully renovated and still features the original wooden floors and spacious rooms.
Situated very close to the centre of Oudtshoorn and ideally situated for guests who wish to walk to the various shops, restaurants and other spectacular sites in Oudtshoorn. We are a mere 200 meters off the Route 328 (Baron van Rede) that leads the way to the famous Cango Caves.
The dining area is cozy, decorated with taste and has a fireplace. There are comfortable garden sets in front and at the back of the main house surrounded by greenery where guests can relax and enjoy the South African sunshine!
A spacious pool area meets the tranquil lawn and garden area where guests can enjoy the Klein Karoo weather.
Phone and fax facilities are available by arrangement. Secure parking is provided for all guests. We can accommodate guests with wheelchairs.
Relax around our sparkling swimming pool in summer or bask in front of a cheerful log fire on cold winter evenings.
- Various Ostrich Show Farms ride, touch or feed ostriches and enjoy daily shows.
- Swartberg Mountain Pass bike rides or scenic drives to Prince Albert (can be arranged).
- Cango Caves the standard route or the adventure route through the breathtaking Caves!
- A variety of top class wine farms and cellars are spread out in and around Oudtshoorn for the wine enthusiast to visit.
From Cape Town and Mosselbay:
- Turn left at first traffic light.
- Pass 2 STOP signs.
- 3rd STOP sign turn right (Van Der Riet Str).
- Drive straight.
- Pass the next STOP sign - over Route 28 (Baron van Reede).
- At next STOP sign turn right.
- 5th house on right hand side, 169 High Street.
Avondblij Guest House operates with 6 on-suite bedrooms, all beautifully furnished and spacious to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one.
Each room is fitted as a double room with the possibility to be converted into a twin room.
A roof fan, remote controlled TV and an electric hairdryer are some of the added features available in each room.
Basic toiletries are provided and each room has a service station with tea, coffee and mineral water at the guests disposal.
Family room(s) are available on prior arrangement.