- Imagine yourself enjoying afternoon tea on the veranda of a little thatched-roof Cape cottage, surrounded by orchards and the high rises of majestic mountains outside a little village called Grabouw in Elgin Valley, internationally renowned as the valley of apples.
Avolonte means, "as much as you like", a place where you can enjoy the serenity and tranquility of a natural paradise. Not only is Avolonte the ideal place for a time of deep-cleansing rest, but it is a highly sought-after hideaway for honeymoon couples and travelers en route to the Garden route.
Only 45 minutes from Cape Town Airport, Table Mountain and Robben Island, it is ideally suited for a quick city breakaway, or use Avolonte as your home-base to explore the world-renowned wine-routes of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek, all within 45 to 60 minutes driving distance.
Standard features in all our cottages include an extra-length king-size bed, leather couch,or leather easy-chairs, a double-sized bath, shower, fireplace , fully equipped kitchen,own patio with braai ,includes grid and tongs, table and chairs inside and out.
Accommodation at Avolonte Lodge:
2 x Private Thatch-roofed cottages, Rivers-view and Squirrels-nest, interiors open plan;
King-size bed ( or 2 singles on request ) with percale linen, bath and shower with towels, fully equipped kitchen,indoor fireplace. Leather easy chairs.Television. WIFI. Can add one extra bed with ease. Table and chairs on patios.
1 x Private Thatch-roofed cottage Gecko Cottage, Interior open planed with screens:
King bed (or 2 Single beds on request ), Bunk beds with percale linen, shower/no bath, leather couch and leather easy chair. Televisio. WIFI. Table and chairs on patio.
Avolonte Lodge Activities:
- Fantastic Mountain Biking trails (Thandi, Lebanon etc)
- Hiking trails
- Brandy, Cider and Wine tasting
- Open Gardens in October
Within a radius of 60 km is the following:
- Cape Town International Airport
- Table Mountain
- V&A Waterfront
- Stellenbosch with all its wine routes
Click to display the map