Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage
- Situated on the southern slopes of the Klein River mountains and overlooking the peaceful village of Stanford, this historic estate is steeped in Overberg history.
An environmentally friendly approach to farming includes a Biodiversity and Wine Initiative Championship Award. The Klein River Conservancy ensures that the local fynbos, abundant wildlife and vineyards can thrive together in total harmony.
Farm hospitality and tradition rule at Sir Robert Stanford Estate and visitors can explore the wine shop stocked with premium Estate wines, indulge in a home-made meal at our renowned restaurant, grab a bottle of grappa at Die Stookhuis, take a walk through our vineyards or simply watch the sun set over one of our lakes.
Our Farm stall is also a popular roadside grocer packed with fresh fruit, veggies and delights straight from the farm.
For the outdoor enthusiasts we have numerous mountain bike trails. And those seeking solitude can take a meditative stroll around our labyrinth. Fun for the whole family or a romantic day out.
Accommodation at Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage:
- Elegant two bedroom cottage situated only 1.4 km from the charming Village of Stanford.
- Main bedroom with King-size bed, Percale linen and luxury en-suite bathroom (free standing bath and shower).
- Second bedroom with 2 single beds (or converted to king size) en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Fully equipped, open-plan country style kitchen and lounge.
- The spacious living area leads out onto a veranda, overlooking the mountain-ranges and dams.
- Picturesque braai area underneath beautiful oak trees with a lovely rolling lawn leading down to the dam.
- The charming natural surroundings offer the company of tame geese, while the dam is inhabited by over sized Koi fish as well as the resident frog orchestra for evening entertainment.
Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage Activities:
Facilities on the farm within walking distance:
- Country style restaurant (serves breakfast and lunch)
- Boutique wine tasting room
- Distillery and tasting room
- Children's play area
- Mountain biking and walking trails in and around the farm
For a relaxing and comfortable getaway, the Pinot Noir cottage is your perfect hideaway.
Click to display the map