Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage
- Situated on the southern slopes of the Klein River mountains and overlooking the peaceful village of Stanford, this historic estate is steeped in Overberg history.
An environmentally friendly approach to farming includes a Biodiversity and Wine Initiative Championship Award. The Klein River Conservancy ensures that the local fynbos, abundant wildlife and vineyards can thrive together in total harmony.
Farm hospitality and tradition rule at Sir Robert Stanford Estate and visitors can explore the wine shop stocked with premium Estate wines, indulge in a home-made meal at our renowned restaurant, grab a bottle of grappa at Die Stookhuis, catch a tram ride through our vineyards or simply watch the sun set over one of our lakes.
Our Padstal is also a popular roadside grocer packed with fresh fruit and veggies straight from the farm.
For the outdoor enthusiasts we have numerous mountain bike trails. And those seeking solitude can take a meditative stroll around our labyrinth. Fun for the whole family or a romantic day out.
Accommodation at Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage:
- Elegant two bedroom cottage situated only 1.4 km from the charming Village of Stanford.
- Main bedroom with King-size bed, Percale linen and luxury en-suite bathroom (free standing bath and shower).
- Second bedroom with 2 single beds (or converted to king size) en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Fully equipped, open-plan country style kitchen and lounge.
- The perfect bookworm reading corner with a large lazy-boy, leading out onto a veranda, overlooking the mountain-ranges and dams.
- Picturesque braai area underneath beautiful oak trees with a lovely rolling lawn leading down to the dam.
- The charming natural surroundings offer the company of tame geese, while the dam is inhabited by over sized Koi fish as well as the resident frog orchestra for evening entertainment.
Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage Activities:
Facilities on the farm within walking distance:
- Country style restaurant (serves breakfast and lunch)
- Boutique wine tasting room
- Grappa distillery and tasting room
- Children's play area
- Mountain biking and walking trails in and around the farm
For a relaxing and comfortable getaway, the Pinot Noir cottage is your perfect hideaway.
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage:
Accommodation options within 8km from Avec Plaisir Pinot Noir Cottage include:
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Situated on the banks of the Klein River we can offer a place to chill and rest up with a book or one can take advantage of this safe river for swimming, paddling and other water activities.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Stay in Stanford in a historical country cottage that has been tastefully decorated preserving the original village architecture but with today's mod cons. Sit on your stoep, take in the country air or stroll down to the Market Square.
AfriCamps is all about glamping at the most beautiful working farms and estates in South Africa.
Three cottages (sleep 4 -6) and The Homestead (sleeps 11) offer comfort and self-contained convenience. Fully equipped kitchenette, and a shower/bathroom. Ideal for weekend getaways to the country.
per person sharing
River’s Edge, a delightful double-storey home thoughtfully equipped with every modern convenience while still retaining its old-world charm. Lush lawns lead down to the pristine Klein River where you can swim, boat or kayak.