Avatara Guest House
is an elegant guest house with high ceilings and polished wooden floors, combining the best of the old and the new.
Each of our spacious rooms retains beautiful period features of the Victorian house built in 1881 with modern fittings.
Avatara Guest House is a 4 Star rated stay situated in a walking safe neighborhood.
Accommodation at Avatara Guest House:
Our Deluxe Room, Super Standard and Standard can accommodate an extra person or 2 extra children on either a sleeper couch or a floor mattress.
At the very top of the house from the stairwell you enter the deluxe room. The entrance of the room is a small study which leads to a luxurious bathroom and bedroom. The bedroom has a feature Victorian fireplace looking onto a plush king or twin size bed which is famed for its spacious comfort and peace. High wooden ceilings decked with an overhanging ceiling fan gives this already spacious room grandeur. The room leads onto an enclosed balcony which has a sleeper couch used as a small lounge or convenient for a 3rd person or child. The bathroom has a luxuriant corner bath, double basins, a large shower all made for your comfort. Our deluxe room also features percale linen, Free Wifi, a security safe, ample plug points, double glazed window, a refrigerator, heated towel rails, electric blankets, large cupboards and more. (child friendly)
On the mid-level of the stairwell you walk straight into a stunning view of Signal Hill. This modern charming and romantic cozy room is a delight. Plush soft carpets block out curtains, a queen size sleigh bed looking up at French chandeliers and a gilded mirror make this room one of our most popular choices. The modern bathroom has a shower and heated towel rails. The spacious balcony is a superb place to relax on the sun chair or even have your breakfast there if you desire. Other features include percale linen, Free WiFi, a security safe, an overhead fan and electric blankets, ample plug points, heated towel rails and a small love couch too!
Super Standard Room
At the top of the stairwell you enter this spacious room looking through the Victorian sash windows onto a magnificent Fever Tree across the road. This uniquely styled comfortable king or twin bed looks up to high wooden ceilings decked with an overhanging ceiling fan. The style is luxuriant with an exotic Moroccan feel yet distinctly Cape Town too. And the bathroom looks onto the magnificent Signal Hill – a shower with a view! This room can accommodate a child on a floor mattress at request. Features include percale linen, Free WiFi, Security Safe, ample plug points, heated towel rails, electric blankets and spacious cupboards too. (child friendly)
Standard Plus Room
This room is on the ground floor leading onto the green room/dining room through double French doors. A combination of oregon pine floors with an antique oak cupboard and desk gives this room a grand country feel. The large king/twin size bed is framed by a magical sun mirror and looks through the French doors onto Signal Hill. This room can accommodate a child or 3rd person on a sleeper couch at request. Fitted with a cozy bathroom with shower, basin and toilet. This is a budget room but still offers all the trimmings and more.. Free WiFi, Security Safe, ample plug points and a blow mist fan for the summer and electric blankets in the winter. (child friendly)
There are 2 different standard rooms with completely different styles but the same amenities. Queen sleigh beds with plush percale linen lead onto an en-suite bathroom with shower, basin and toilet. Both are situated on the ground floor, one at the entrance and the other at the dining room. These are our budget rooms but still offer all the trimmings and more.. Percale linen, Free WiFi, Security Safe, ample plug points and a fan for the summer and electric blankets in the winter. Both rooms are very popular so best to book early.
Facilites at Avatara Guest House:
- Avatara is 4 Star Graded by the South African Grading Society
- All rates include a delicious breakfast, focusing on locally produced ethical food – we also cater for special dietary needs!
- In house laundry and ironing service
- Airport transfers – safe, reliable with a meet and greet at arrivals
- Sightseeing Tours – tried and tested tours of the winelands, Cape Peninsula, Township, Cycle trips and more
- WiFi is free
- Public PC (disconnect by leaving your electronics at home)
- 24 hour check in (by arrangement only)
- We are 2 minutes WALK from the Cape Town MyCiti Bus line as well as a 10 minute WALK to the start of the Red/Blue Bus Tour
Avatara Guest House is dedicated to green hotel policies and have taken action to reduce our carbon footprint, save energy, recycle, reduce water consumption and conserve natural resources. We have installed a heat pump to conserve energy as well as using bio-degradable healthy cleaning products. We also provide an organic shampoo and washing gel for your health too. You won’t find plastic bottles of stuff, as we don’t believe in waste and toxic plastics.
Avatara Guest House Activities:
* A Township Tour
* Sundowners in Camps Bay
* Cape Point Nature Reserve
* Dinner and dancing in the city
* Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
* Baboon viewing near Simon's Town
* V&A Waterfront for chic shopping
* Spectacular beaches all around the city
* Penguin colony viewing at Boulders Beach
* Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was in prison
* Table Mountain (walk up and take the cable car down)
* The Winelands: Stellenbosch, Franschoek and Route 62
* The Castle: it is the oldest buidling in South Africa
* A leisurely drive around the Peninsula, including Chapman's Peak
* Green Market Square for African Curios
Click to display the map