This historic Cape Dutch National Monument dating 1802 is centrally situated in the historic heart of Swellendam, the 3rd oldest settlement of South Africa. The guest house is owner managed, offering superb hospitality with great attention to detail.
Luxury cottages and garden suites are set in 1,5 hectares of luxuriant gardens with indigenous flora and an abundance of birdlife.
Guest areas in & around the historic house offer spacious areas where one can relax & enjoy a drink in the lounge, on the patios or the veranda overlooking the gardens.
Protea Family Unit: Main bedroom with queen-size bed, off the main bedroom a smaller bedroom with double bed. Both bedrooms have entrance to spacious bathroom with Victorian bath, and separate shower.
Lounge with fireplace, Ochre floors and wooden ceiling. Special feature is the big old Blacksmith bellows in place and View : Garden.
Aloe: Garden suite with single beds or king-size bed, bathroom with shower only. Lounge with fireplace.
French doors on to private patio, wall to wall carpet and reed ceiling. View: Garden.
Strelitzia: Private garden honeymoon suite with queen-size bed, romantic bathroom with big bath & separate shower. Lounge with fireplace and french doors opening to private patio.
Ochre floor, reed ceiling. Close but private from pool. View : Garden
Red-Hot Poker: Spacious luxury thatched roofed cottage. Built in old style i.e. thick walls, thick wooden beams, reed ceiling, wooden floor. Two bedrooms en suite, single beds or king-size beds.
Both bedrooms have private entrance and patio. One Bathroom with shower above bath and one with shower only. Lounge with fireplace and balcony. View : Garden
Arum: Luxury cottage, built in old style, thick walls, reed ceilings. Bedroom with king-size bed, bathroom with double basins, spa-bath & big walk-in shower. Lounge with fire place, private patio and parking.
Satellite TV and View : garden.
Luxury cottage, built in old style, thick walls, reed ceilings. Bedroom with king-size bed, bathroom with double basins, spa-bath & big walk-in shower.
Lounge with fire place, private patio and parking. Satellite TV and View : garden.
Rooms Feature include:
Fresh flowers, complementary muskadel wine, tea & coffee facilities, stocked bar fridge, digital safe, 100 % percale bedlinnen, gGowns, hairdryer, CD and radio player, alarm clock, heaters, fFan, fire place in all rooms stocked with wood.
Most rooms have hot & cold air-conditioning, electric blankets in winter, TV and some with microwave and private patio.
Facilities & Services:
* Offering carefully selected wines from the area with hand-made cheeses should you wish to give a full-on restaurant a miss.
* To be enjoyed in the comfort of your own room overlooking the gardens, or indoors infront of a crackling log fire.
* Breakfast is given under the vines in summer & in front of the log fire in winter.
* Safe off street parking.
* Large salt water swimming pool.
* Laundry service.
* Picnic baskets on request.
* Car wash service
* Limited smoking.
How to get there
From Cape Town:
- Take the first ( West) entrance into Swellendam. Enter Swellendam via the main street, Voortrek Street.
- Drive along the main street, past all the shops. +/- 3 km. then pass the famous NG white church on your left hand side. +/- 100 mtr further the road splits.
- Take the left fork for +/- 30 mtr. And turn left into Human Street. This is a dead-end street. Drive to the top and you will find parking on your left.