This beautiful guesthouse property situated on a working farm and wine estate in the heart of the Western Cape wine country and is close to the airport and ocean.
The guesthouse rooms are situated between the majestic Stellenbosch and Simonsberg mountains, with vineyard, mountain and valley views, providing an environment of beauty and tranquility.
Come, relax at our pool, or enjoy a leisurely hike in the adjacent forests and mountains.
The Restaurant is located in the 150 year old manor house where meals may be enjoyed on the terrace on warm summer mornings and evenings, or in the dining room where a fireplace keeps all cozy and warm on those cool mornings or evenings.
Our menu is a set one, created daily using seasonal ingredients. The restaurant is open exclusively to our guests for breakfast throughout the year.
Auberge Rozendal provides excellent conference facilities. Stunning views of the breathtaking Stellenbosch and Simonsberg mountains provide a refreshing companion for otherwise formal conferences and official meetings.
The wine farms atmosphere makes for a delightful experience.
Wellness and Body-Treatments
Qualified soma and beauty therapists invite you to take some time out and take care of yourself. Treatments are available right at Auberge Rozendal.
Activities in and around Stellenbosch:
- wine tours
- township tour
- horse and pony rides
- mountain bikes
- fly fishing
- monkey town
- butterfly world
- botanical gardens
- stellenbosch village museum
- hot air ballooning
From Cape Town International Airport (N2)
- Take direction Somerset-West on the N2.
- Turn left onto Exit 33 (R 310) to Stellenbosch.
- At the T-junction turn right and enter Stellenbosch, past Distell, over the rail bridge, then train station on your left.
- After the station left slide into Adam Tas Road, then 2nd traffic light turn right into Merriman Avenue ( See direction sign: Auberge Rozendal)
- Continue straight through 3 sets of traffic lights until circle, at the circle continue straight.
- After the circle approximately 2 kms, turn left into Omega Street (See direction sign: Auberge Rozendal)
- We are at the end of Omega Street.
Each of the 16 modern en-suite guesthouse rooms are 30 sq m/330 sq ft, with an additional terrace. We also offer 2 rooms specially designed with families in mind.
- Auberge Rozendals environmental and health-conscious approach to life ensures clean air and pure water. No poisons are sprayed, while water is sourced from an underground stream and enhanced by a water catalyser.
- Noise pollution/ electrosmog (ELF) is lessened by the absence of television sets and air-conditioning systems.
- All rooms have an electric wall plug under the desk, which conforms to most European plugs.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. If you need to stay longer, please speak with reception.
- Fans & heaters are available at reception.
- Hairdryers and pool towels are available at reception.
- With your co-operation, we can conserve energy and water in our environment by limiting the amount of towels that are washed daily.
- Safes are contained inside the wardrobe of each guesthouse room. Safe keys are available at reception.
- All of our rooms are non-smoking rooms. An ashtray is contained in the desk of each guesthouse room, so that you may smoke outside on your terrace.