Arniston Cottage - The property is situated in the beautiful fishing village of Arniston. The house is built in the traditional
fisherman’s style with white washed walls and thatch roof. The area is a photographer’s dream.
The property is +-50 metres from the ocean and is within walking distance from the Arniston hotel, local restaurant, Craft centre, harbour and beach. The property currrently consists of 3 units, Arniston Cottage (main house), Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment and Die Waenhuis.
Arniston Cottage is a spacious 3 bedroom house, which sleeps 7 guests. It has a cosy braai area, with a sea view, fully equipped kitchen with dining area, lounge and 2 bathrooms. Ideal for families or groups, house is child friendly.
Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment is a lovely 1 bedroom apartment situated adjacent Arniston Cottage. The apartment has an outside braai and a sea view from the bedroom and living room. There is a double bed sleeper couch in the living room that sleeps 2 children under 12. It has a fully equipped kitchen. Ideal for couples with young children or just a romantic getaway for 2.
Die Waenshuis is a 2 bedroom apartment situated adjacent Arniston Cottage. It has a cosy inside braai area with open plan kitchen and lounge with sea view. Child friendly. It also has a lovely enclosed courtyard with outside braai area. All facilities have free parking on-site.
The area is safe and secure, however we do not have burglar bars or security gates around the property. All units have separate entrances with private braai facilities. All units are self-catering facilities. All units provide bedding, however guests must bring their own towels, toiletries, wood, firelighters etc. Things to do in the area includes hiking, fishing, swimming, visiting the Arniston landmark as well as the very well known Arniston Cave. A must to visit!
* All booking fees must be paid prior to arrival at Arniston Cottage and Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment.
* Upon paying the 50% deposit, guests agree to the house rules for Arniston Cottage and Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment.
* Although we do not charge breakage or key deposit, we require that guests pay for any breakages/damages to the property (ie. crockery, cutlery etc) or replacement of any damaged items.
* Guests enter the premises on own risk and we reserve the right to admission.
* Guests must adhere to the maximum number of guests allowed in each unit, unless approved by management. No excess guests will be allowed. Our guests are welcome to have visitors, provided these visitors do not sleep over.
* No drinking or eating in the bedrooms.
* No loud music after 12:00 (please take into consideration our elderly neighbours)
* Children are not allowed to write on the walls or bedding
* NO SMOKING!
* No pets
* Please do not use any of the candles used as decor - fire hazard
* No drinking of alcohol in the bedrooms
* Please do not move furniture or adjust TV sets.
Kassiesbaai, Arniston is situated in the Overberg area. It is a quaint fishing village, with old-style harbour. The area is ideal for a getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Tranquil waters and stunning views are a photographers dream. Quiet and peaceful. Hiking, fishing and visiting the Arniston cave is a must. Beautiful clean beaches. Safe area to visit, safe to walk and discover.
Lovely beaches, hiking trails and fishing. Arniston cave, Arniston landmark, the local craft centre and Willeen’s Restaurant a must! Arniston is a mere 15minutes drive from Bredasdorp, where guests can avail of gym facilities, enjoy tennis and play a round of golf.
No washing or cleaning facilities available. Guests staying for longer periods can make arrangements for laundry services with our caretaker, as the town does not have these facilities. Cleaning for guests staying for longer periods, can be requested at own cost. Bedding is changed every 5 days for guests staying for longer periods.
Winter months can be extremely cold due to the South Easter, however we do provide an indoor fireplace for those cold nights. There are no extreme weather conditions, summer days are not too hot.
50% deposit on all bookings to secure booking.
The remaining balance must be paid one
day prior to arrival. No cash will
be accepted at the property.
Refunds will be allowed with the following conditions:
- In all instances we would prefer to move the existing booking to another date (provided it is more than 14 days before the arrival date) so as to allow us to find a replacement booking.
Failing the above the following will
- A reservation cancelled more than 30 days before the arrival date will be refunded in full.
- A reservation cancelled less than 30 days but more than 14 days before the arrival date will only receive a 30% refund of the initial deposit.
- A reservation cancelled less than 14 days before the arrival date will forfeit any monies paid.
- Should we be able to replace the booking, we will endeavour to refund the guest in full (depending on percentage refunded, as per above).
From the N2 in Cape Town, travel to Caledon. In Caledon, take the turn-off to Bredasdorp (+-70 kms). In Bredasdorp, continue on the Main road to the Arniston/Waenhuiskrans turn-off. Travel the 24kms to Arniston. Upon entering Arniston, continue to the main road. Turn left at the first stop sign. Continue down the main road, past the Arniston hotel (on your left). Turn right at the stop sign (next to the harbour). You will now be entering Kassiesbaai. Our house is the fourth one on the left hand side. You will see two white flower pots next to the house. Please park at the back of the house. Our caretaker will direct you.
Children of all ages welcome
Arniston Cottage is a spacious 3 bedroom house, with 2 bathrooms, lounge, kitchen, and indoor braai room with sea view. The unit sleeps 7 guests. Kassiesbaai Holiday Apartment is a cosy 1 bedroom apartment, with a double bed sleeper couch in the living room, bathroom and outdoor braai area. The unit sleeps 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Both units have separate entrances with private braai areas. Parking is safe and on-site.
Self catering accommodation. The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms have double beds, and the third has a double bed and single bed. En-suite bathroom with shower in main bedroom, shared bathroom has a bath. Fully equipped kitchen. Indoor braai area with sea view. Lounge has a flat screen television, DTSV with Easyview package. Guests are welcome to bring their own decoder and smartcard. We provide bedding, however our guests must bring their own towels, toiletries, toilet paper etc.
Self-catering accommodation. The apartment has one bedroom, with a double bed sleeper couch in the living room. We only accommodate 2 adults and 2 children under 12.
There is an outside braai and fully equipped kitchen. The bathroom has a shower. The lounge has a flat screen television and DSTV with Easyview package. Guests are welcome to bring their own decoder and smartcard. We supply bedding, however guests need to bring their own towels, toiletries, toilet paper etc.