Arbutus Lodge is a Guesthouse that offers 4 star accommodation in Ladybrand and consists of a beautifully restored Edwardian sandstone home, built circa 1910, that is set in a tranquil bird-filled garden. It is also the only B&B in town that is a national monument.
Ladybrand is located on the R64 about 125km east of Bloemfontein and 12km west of Maseru. We have a very large garden and lots of parking inside the property.
Generous breakfasts are served in the dining room and picnic baskets can be arranged. Self-catering option is available in the cottage, once the original stables.
The village is within walking distance, where shops and popular restaurants can be found. Ideal for the business person en-route to Maseru or the leisure traveler. On site parking. Children welcome.
Why Stay at Arbutus Lodge?
- Its unique. its an inspiring experience and is likely to be one of your most remembered accommodation venues ever.
- Value for money. Our luxury accommodation is very affordable.
- An intimate and personal experience. No big hotels here. Just friendly and welcoming hospitality with excellent home cooked food, superb walks and hikes, reading in front of the fireplace, playing board games and pleasant company.
- A perfect base from which to experience everything that the Eastern Free State and Lesotho has in store for you.
- An ideal retreat for individuals and groups, a place to rest, reflect and take stock of life.
Facilities & Services:
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Games Room
- Hiking / Walking Trails
Arbutus Lodge offers 3 bedrooms in main house, 2 bedrooms in separate garden cottage (Double Storey) as well another 12 rooms in our annex. The spacious stylish bedrooms have antiques, duck-down duvets and high ceilings.
Arbutus Lodge Activities:
- Stroll to restaurants for dinner.
- On the Maloti route with easy access to Lesotho and the Highlands Water Project.
- San Rock Art Heritage Site at Tandjesberg 15km away.
Click to display the map
Beautiful rooms, very clean and neat, beautiful garden, friendly people. Breakfast was excellent. Would recommend Arbutus Lodge anytime and will go there again.
Rating: Reviewed by Marina Bekker over a year ago
Friendly reception! The owner, Andrew welcomes one personally when arriving at the lodge, and has a hands on approach with the running of the lodge. Beautiful, peaceful gardens. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast served was outstanding, I will definitely go back to Arbutus lodge! Thank you, Andrew, and personnel for making our stay a memorable experience!
Rating: Reviewed by Wikus van der Merwe over a year ago
Arbutus is a lovely place to stay - my only complaint was that the door to our room should have a heavier curtain on it, as it left us feeling 'exposed'. Otherwise the little touches are lovely: fresh biscuits every day, little bottles of shampoo and body lotion, even a little sewing kit! And the breakfasts are out of this world - delicious and so beautifully presented! Thank you for an awesome visit!
Rating: Reviewed by Vicky Gasser over a year ago
Hospitality were great but bathrooms not practical and rooms need more carpets. Please get rid of the red decor in the room - so out-dated and cold.
Rating: Reviewed by Brian Hough over a year ago