- Come explore the bush and its abundant animal, bird and insect life on foot alongside one of the world`s most beautiful natural water rock features, called the Angel`s Pond
Identify over 30 types of mammal species, 150 bird species and over 60 types of indigenous trees as well as several reptiles and butterflies.
Angel`s Rock is situated 90 km from Pretoria and/or OR Thambo International airport and forms part of tranquil and peaceful 1400 h/a Wilge River Conservancy. Angel`s Rock is a malaria-free area, situated alongside the Wilge River, 20 km past Bronkhorstpruit (N4 towards Witbank).
Come and explore intermediate or advanced hiking and mountain biking trails within 1400 ha, enjoy a swim alongside one of the world`s most beautiful natural water rock features, called the Angel`s Pond where you can swim or enjoy fly fishing.
Private outside boma area guarantees some of the best sunset views ever experienced.
Accommodation at Angel`s Rock:
Enjoy our spacious, rustic and modern cottage with a beautiful view of the Wilge River conservancy around you. Our Heritage rock cottage is perfect for two to four people who want to relax and enjoy the essence and beauty of Angel`s rock from your bedroom, the deck or when going for a walk, swimming or fishing experience at the river.
Our cottage provides a an en-suite room with a victorian bath, shower and own toilet, as well as a beautiful private deck. The second room is a loft with a double bed and 3/4 bed. A second bathroom with a bath, toilet and basin is also available.
The open plan kitchen and lounge area is perfectly spacious for more than one couple or a family who enjoys nature. The Rock Cottage is also romantic and ideal for couple getaways, anniversaries or honeymoons. There is no one around to intrude as our cottage is exclusive with the best view in the conservancy.
- 1 x Bed-room self-catering rock cottage
- Double bed, 100% cotton bed linen and one en-suite bathroom with a shower and toilet
- 2nd bathroom in hallway (bath, wash basin and toilet)
- Loft with 1 x double size bed, and one extra three quarter bed
- House keeper every third day (more regular on request)
- Towels (for more than 4 guests, please bring own swimming towels)
- Lounge area with stone fireplace
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen
- Private boma braai area available outside
Angel's Rock Activities:
- Bird and Game viewing
- In-house games available for the family
- Book reading and plenty more of as little as possible to help you recharge in one of South Africa's most beautiful settings
- Small private functions and weddings
- Hiking (Different sections for different levels of hiking)
- Fly Fishing (a Fly fishers dream venue)
- Swimming in the river
- Private outside boma area at the cottage
- Private braai area at the river
Angel's Rock Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
- When hiking please wear the correct shoes for maximum grip (Please note that hiking is medium to extreme down to the river).
- Please note we have snakes. Therefore high up boots are recommended.
- You are welcome to bring swimming clothes for when your reach the river.
- Always wear a hat for protection against branches and the sun.