Listen and hear the whisper of the trees, the chirping of the birds, and the sound of yourself saying, "ahh".
The owners, Issy de Lira and Hannes Scholtz , invite you to Ambience Inn. This is the bed and breakfast set in a 2-acre rambling plants man`s garden in the secure, up market part of White River, where you can relax and be yourself.
Ambience is close to the world renowned Kruger National Park, in the heart of the subtropical South African Lowveld. Only three hours drive from Johannesburg.
Enrich your bushveld experience by enjoying our very popular open-air showers in the privacy of your own courtyard - bathe under the sun, moon and stars. Enjoy a relaxing swim or your daily exercise in our 16 meter salt water swimming pool.
Experience the African sunset in our tropical garden with exotic and indigenous plants.
Ideally situated for day trips to:
* The Kruger Park - Only 30 minutes away lies one of the major tourist attractions of the country. The Kruger National Park is home to over 140 species of mammals and over 500 species of birds, not to mention a wide variety of amphibians, reptiles, flora and fauna.
* Pilgrim's Rest - The one street town of Pilgrim's Rest offers a window into South Africa's history, complete with museums, refurbished buildings, a robbers grave, and the infamous Victorian-inspired Royal Hotel.
* Graskop - A short drive from Pilgrim's Rest lies Graskop, famous for it's scenic waterfall and for Harrie's Pancake Shop, known to serve up the best pancakes ever.
* God's Window - One of the most scenic views in South Africa is with out a doubt offered up at the famous Blyde River Canyon. This colossal canyon is famous for its dramatic window on the world.
God's Window ledge, Bourke's Luck Potholes and the Three Rondavels - all of which offer breathtaking panoramas.
The Mac-Mac Falls and Lisbon Falls are also a keen favorite for visitors.
Ambience has 6 comfortable, air-conditioned en suite bedrooms, with either king/queen size or twin beds. Each room has it's own veranda and private courtyard.
Additionally, each private courtyard has a bushveld shower, open to the sun, moon and stars. Each room has a tea and coffee tray, fan, TV and bar fridge.
Enjoy a relaxing swim or your daily exercise in our 16 meter salt water swimming pool.
A full South African breakfast is served at the main house, on the bottom veranda next to the koi pond. Dinners are available by prior arrangement, or enjoy dinner at any of the several restaurants in town.
Safe parking behind your room.
1. Take the White River road. Turn left into Henry Morey street, the first road after the first traffic light as you enter White River.
2. At the stop street ahead, turn right into Frank Townsend street.
3. At the four way stop street, turn left into Wally Scott street. On the right of the gate is the gate control.
4. Press '2' and '8'. We'll open for you.
* 28 Wally Scott Street, White River.