Stilbaai, also known as the Bay of Sleeping Beauty, is a town along the southern coast of South Africa. This tranquil seaside town will capture you in a way that cannot be described. Whether for business or leisure: If youre looking for accommodation in Stilbaai, look no further than ADAGIO Self Catering Holiday Accommodation.
Adagio is located at the heart of the Stilbaai harbour area within approximately 150 meters from the west beach and Goukou river mouth.
The name Adagio is derived from the musical term meaning a slow, soft and tranquil tempo which you will soon pick up when you stay at Adagio.
This immaculate holiday apartments were built during 2006. All the Units have Wheelchair accessibility and WiFi is available throughout the property.
At ADAGIO we have 3 stunning units for you to choose from. The Whale and Seagull Units both can accommodate up to 4 people and the River accommodates up to 2 people comfortably. Feel free to read about the units in more detail below. There is free WiFi and full DSTV in each unit. Although there is no sea view from the units itself, the beach is a 150 meters walk around the corner from the house.
Also known as the bay of the sleeping beauty, Stilbaai is a picturesque seaside village just 26 km off the N2 national highway on the famous Garden Route. The town is an ideal stopover when planning your Garden Route adventure since it offers so much to visitors to this unspoilt coastal town. The town flanks the beautiful Goukou river which is navigable for up to 15 km inland. Pristine beaches with blue flag status, birding, hiking, whale watching (in season), angling, paragliding, golf, bowls, tennis and sailing to name but a few activities will keep visitors occupied endlessly.
Nature: Stilbaai is host to a large number of interesting archaeological sites, including ancient fish traps thought to have been built by the Khoi people. This is the oldest still functioning technology in South Africa devised by mankind. The famous Blombos caves are situated about 12 km from Stilbaai and should not be missed when visiting.
There are several nature reserves which should be on your "to do" list:
- Pauline Bohnen Nature Reserve (great hiking routes)
- Skulpiesbaai Nature Reserve (near the harbour)
- Geelkrants Nature Reserve (next to the "Pulpit")
The "Tuin op die Brak" It is a unique, botanically correct fynbos park, with plants characteristic of the Hessequa environment. There are already more than 220 different species, including 11 endangered plants on the Red list in this Park. The latest addition is the wetland and dune area.
This park is unique for three reasons:
- The fynbos of the Hessequa region (which includes Stilbaai) is unique because it grows on alkaline soil, as apposed to all other fynbos which grows in acidic soil. It is called Calcareous fynbos.
- According to recent archaeological research, the fynbos of this region aided the survival of modern humans (Homo sapiens) in an era when all humanity was almost wiped out during an ice age.
- The park as a whole is specifically designed to provide a multisensory experience to benefit persons with disabilities. The paths are wheelchair friendly, and there are appropriate facilities in the kiosk.
Outdoor activities abound including angling, water sports, horse riding, golf, tennis and bowls. For avid birders Stilbaai offers some of the very best bird watching opportunities.
The Whale Unit is our biggest apartment at 48m2. The living room leads out to the balcony and desk which has outside seating and a barbecue. Adagio offers full DSTV and free WiFi. This apartment has 2 bedrooms with a fully equipped kitchen area.