Adagio Luxury Self Catering
holiday accommodation is perfect for accommodation in Stilbaai and located at the heart of the Stilbaai harbour area within approximately 150 meters from the west beach and Goukou river mouth. The name "Adagio" is derived from the musical term meaning a slow, soft and tranquil tempo which you will soon pick up when you stay at Adagio.
This immaculate holiday apartments were built during 2006. Riana Terblanche is your hostess.
Adagio Luxury Self Catering exudes serenity and harmony while you enjoy the sounds of the ocean and the smell of the surf relaxing on your balcony. You cannot sea the beach from the apartments, but it is a 5 minutes walk away.
The 3 Star graded fully equipped holiday apartment accommodates from 2 to 4 guests comfortably.
Accommodation at Adagio Luxury Self Catering: The Whale Apartment
- Maximum occupancy 4 people
- Double bed in main bedroom
- An en-suite bathroom with washbasin, toilet and shower
- Two single beds in second bedroom
- Guest W.C
- Comfortable open plan dining room & kitchen
- Balcony + Deck with outdoor barbecue
- Wheelchair accessible
- Television - full DSTV
- Free WiFi connection
- 2 Plate mini stove + oven
- Automatic washing machine
- Iron & Ironing-board
- Full set of crockery & cutlery
- Microwave oven
- Fridge Freezer(medium)
- Kettle & Toaster
- Electric under blankets
- Electric heater.
Adagio Luxury Self Catering Activities:
Also known as the bay of the sleeping beauty, Stilbaai is a picturesque seaside village just 26 km off the N2 national highway on the famous Garden Route. The town is an ideal stopover when planning your Garden Route adventure since it offers so much to visitors to this unspoilt coastal town. The town flanks the beautiful Goukou river which is navigable for up to 15 km inland. Pristine beaches with blue flag status, birding, hiking, whale watching (in season), angling, paragliding, golf, bowls, tennis and sailing to name but a few activities will keep visitors occupied endlessly.
Nature: Stilbaai is host to a large number of interesting archaeological sites, including ancient fish traps thought to have been built by the Khoi people. This is the oldest still functioning technology in South Africa devised by mankind. The famous Blombos caves are situated about 12 km from Stilbaai and should not be missed when visiting.
There are several nature reserves which should be on your "to do" list:
- Pauline Bohnen Nature Reserve (great hiking routes)
- Skulpiesbaai Nature Reserve (near the harbour)
- Geelkrants Nature Reserve (next to the "Pulpit")
The "Tuin op die Brak" It is a unique, botanically correct fynbos park, with plants characteristic of the Hessequa environment. There are already more than 220 different species, including 11 endangered plants on the Red list in this Park. The latest addition is the wetland and dune area.
This park is unique for three reasons:
- The fynbos of the Hessequa region (which includes Stilbaai) is unique because it grows on alkaline soil, as apposed to all other fynbos which grows in acidic soil. It is called Calcareous fynbos.
- According to recent archaeological research, the fynbos of this region aided the survival of modern humans (Homo sapiens) in an era when all humanity was almost wiped out during an ice age.
- The park as a whole is specifically designed to provide a multisensory experience to benefit persons with disabilities. The paths are wheelchair friendly, and there are appropriate facilities in the kiosk.
Outdoor activities abound including angling, water sports, horse riding, golf, tennis and bowls. For avid birders Stilbaai offers some of the very best bird watching opportunities.
Adagio Luxury Self Catering Map:
Health & Climate:
With a temperate climate, Stilbaai has an annual spread of approximately 639 mm rain throughout the year. Summer temperatures average between 20 - 28 Degrees Celsius and Winter 12 - 20 Degrees Celsius.
Adagio Luxury Self Catering Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
We were welcomed by the new owner. Very pleasant and accommodating lady. We were also surprised at all the equipment laid on in the apartment, washing machine right up to a vacuum cleaner! Everything new and in tip top condition. Any query or requirement was immediately attended to by our host. we can certainly recommend Adagio to any of our friends.9/10!
Rating: Reviewed by mervyn stemmett over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Adagio Luxury Self Catering:
Accommodation options within 8km from Adagio Luxury Self Catering include:
Botterkloof Resort is located in the coastal town of Stilbaai, along the Garden Route. We have 18 chalets ranging from a 2 to 10 sleeper. We have a Diner; Farm Stall; Wine Store; Wi-Fi; Bass Dams and Swimming Pool.
Little Rock Guesthouse is situated off the beaten track, close to Stilbaai, on the Garden Route towards Cape Town, in the small charming town of Jongensfontein.
Situated in Still Bay, a beautiful coastal town on the South African Garden Route. Our self catering unit is only 500 meters from the lagoon, offering you easy access to water sports on the Goukou River or relaxing walks along the beach with view.
per person sharing