offers a comfortable semi self-catering suite, for either corporate or leisure travelers. Conveniently situated in the upmarket suburb of Parklands in Cape Town it is just 20 minutes from VA Waterfront, Cape Town. Dorchester House suite is a 7-minute drive from the Blouberg beachfront, where you can experience wonderful beach walks, with picturesque Table Mountain views and Robben Island in sight from the beach.
This area is a Mecca for wind surfing, kite-sailing and sea related sports. Many restaurants and pubs hug the coastline of Blouberg. International airport is 25 minutes drive away, V&A Waterfront and 20 minutes drive and Canal Walk shopping mall a 15 minute drive which is a paradise for shoppers. For those who fancy gambling 20 minutes drive away is the Grand West Casino with entertainment, restaurants, indoor ice rink and shows. About Cape Town:
Cape Town is at the tip of the southwest coast, on a peninsula beneath the famous Table Mountain. There are Golf Courses near to Dorchester House, a 5 minute drive to either Milnerton Golf Club or Atlantic Beach Golf Course. For the adventurous there is gambling at Grand West Casino a mere 20 minutes drive away with entertainment, restaurants, ice skating rink.
The sites such as Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – 30 minutes drive away. Cape of Good Hope Game and Nature Reserve 60 minutes drive. The Cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain – 20 minutes drive.
The West Coast has many interesting and quaint fishing villages that can be visited ie: Melkbosstrand, Yusterfontein, Saldanah, Langerbaan and Velddrift. Wine Farms is a must to visit Paarl, Wellington, Stellenbosch, Spier Wine Farm or Franschoek. Game Reserves on the west coast and east coast main road such as Aquilla is known for it’s Big Five and is only 90 minutes away. Shark cage diving an experience for the hunger seeking individuals!
Dorcester House accommodation:
A separate private entrance to the suite, with off street parking. There is access for visitors to communal splash pool and braai facilities. The suite is equipped with double bed en suite (shower), lounge-kitchenette with DSTV, Wifi, kettle, toaster and microwave with a bar fridge. (No stove). Initial complimentary tea/coffee; milk and sugar provided. Restaurants, Food stores and take outs are within the Parklands area and a shopping mall within walking distance. My City Bus stop in walking distance.
The suite is serviced weekly with a change of linen/towels. Laundry service is available at a fee. A deposit is required to secure this unit. Long term stay rates can be arranged at reduced price. Key and remote control deposit of R200.00, refunded on departure.
Activities in and around Cape Town:
From lavish and luxurious to back-packing on a budget, Cape Town has something for everyone. From the landmark beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay to the vibrant V&A Waterfront and Cape Town city centre and the award winning wine farms of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek - time spent in CapeTown will not be forgotten.
- Garden Route
- Shark Diving and Aquarium
- Food and coffee culture
- Table Mountain and hiking
- Game Reserves
- History and Heritage
- Wine farms
- Golf Courses nearby, Milnerton Golf Club and Atlantic Beach Golf Course 10 minute drive.
- Virgin Active and Planet Fitness gym facilities available in the area.
- Grand West Casino 20 minutes drive with entertainment, restaurants, ice skating rink.
- Bay Side and Sandown shopping malls 5 minute drive away.
- Seaside restaurants and bars.
- Robben Island ferry from the VA Waterfront - 15 minutes.
- Pack a picnic basket and visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – 30 minutes drive
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope Game and Nature Reserve 60 minutes drive or
- take the train to Simonstown and rent a vehicle for a wonderful experience of the Cape of Good Hope.
- Cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain – 20 minutes drive
- Many beautiful beaches only a few kilometers away 2-5 minutes drive
- The West Coast has many interesting and quaint fishing villages that can be visited ie:
- Melkbosstrand, Yusterfontein, Saldanah, Langerbaan and Velddrift.
- Argus Cycle tour in March; Two Oceans Marathon at Easter time; Killarney Motor
- Race Course tract around the corner from our Guest House; Mountain biking,
- quad biking on nearby farms in Durbanville Hills. Surfing, abseiling, kite surfing
- and wind surfing are but a few of the sporting activities available.
- Wine Farm visit Paarl, Wellington, Stellenbosch, Spier Wine Farm and Franschhoek
- well worth a visit.
- Game Farms on the west coast and east coast main road such as Aquilla is known
- for it’s Big Five and is only 90 minutes away.
- Shark cage diving a must for the hunger seeking individuals!
West Beach Cottages offers comfortable self-catering accommodation in 2 garden cottages situated approximately 1 km from Blouberg beaches. Cottages are supplied with crystal clear borehole water in times of drought so that they are not affected.
per person sharing
We offer 3 Self Catering apartments in quiet residential area in Table View, Cape Town. 1 X 2 bedroom (sleeps 4) and 2 X 1 bedroom (sleeps 2 or 3), with kitchenette (fully equipped) and lounge area with colour TV. REGRET NO CHILDREN UNDER 13
Luxurious 2 bedroom cottage offering self-catering or B&B to leisure/business travellers (internet, telephone, satellite TV) and total privacy in a secure, upmarket residential area close to Blouberg beach, vibrant restaurants and shops
per person sharing
Blue Mountain Guest House is a comfortable, hospitable guest house, offering upmarket accommodation at unbeatable rates.
per person sharing