The luxurious five-star Abalone House & Spa effortlessly blends old world elegance with eclectic decadence in the quaint seaside village of Paternoster on the Cape West Coast.
Situated 160 km north of Cape Town, Paternoster has its own distinctive beauty, with its unspoilt shimmering white beaches, rocky outcrops, turquoise waters of the Atlantic and indigenous fynbos. Whitewashed fishermens houses, blue shutters, colourful fishing boats scattered on the beach and boat masts tinkling in the breeze create an idyllic setting for this unique House & Spa.
A 90 minute drive from Cape Town, Abalone House & Spa offers city-weary dwellers and discerning travelers an unashamedly opulent beach side escape, where extravagance and guest comforts take precedence.
Set amid indigenous gardens, an air of quirky decadence pervades this sophisticated haven with its ten luxurious suites. Lavishly designed with luxurious bohemian decor by Cape Town interior designer David Strauss, Abalone House & Spa delights with its grandeur, eclectic visual tapestry and divine cuisine.
Flamboyant layers of lived-in luxury include lovingly restored antiques, treasured memorabilia and objets dart from the owners personal collection that share the welcoming spaces beside crystal chandeliers, wooden ceilings, modern furnishings and old silverware.
Inspired by the vibrant works of Artist Vladimir Tretchikoff, every area of Abalone House & Spa reflects an elegant opulence, with French-style doors and richly hued Persian rugs adorning stone floors. The signature Tretchikoff wall prints make a playfully eccentric style statement amid a flurry of jewel coloured fabrics, furnishings and African ornaments. Abalone House & Spa is also the perfect place for small conferences and intimate weddings.
The outside areas of Abalone House have their own seaside appeal reminiscent of the Greek isles, with wooden walkways and decking, comfortable wicker furniture, umbrellas and potted plants. Theres even a Jacuzzi on the rooftop deck. With its unhindered views of the beaches of Paternoster, its the perfect spot to enjoy sun downers or a midnight dip.
The fishing village and more than seven kilometres of pristine white beaches are just a stroll away.
Facilities at Abalone House & Spa:
If you yearn for seaside serenity and a luxuriously comfortable place to escape to, Abalone House & Spa is just 90 minutes drive from Cape Town. Whether you are looking for a quirky hideaway, an intimate conference venue or an elegant place to host a small wedding celebration, you’ll go far to beat the five star charm of Abalone House & Spa.
Situated in the picturesque coastal village of Paternoster on the Cape West Coast, Abalone House & Spa makes guests feel pampered and totally at home.
Luxury accommodation in ten suites that caters for every indulgence, decadent decor and four areas to relax, socialise over drinks or savour delightful culinary feasts what more could you ask for. Abalone Houses inviting public areas are filled with beautiful antiques, vibrant colours and quirky decorative finishes.
What makes Abalone House & Spa special?
* Accommodation in one of ten sumptuous suites, some with sea views or private relaxing spaces.
* Socialise and swop tall stories around the over sized fireplace with a cocktail, glass of red or a tumbler of one of the top single malt whiskies and brandies on offer.
* Languish over breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea in the sun-splashed Restaurant.
* Indulge in a decadent dinner in Restaurant with its high backed velvet chairs and crystal chandeliers.
* Cool off in the elegant plunge pool or take it easy in the sunny sheltered garden courtyard.
* Enjoy a glass of French champagne amid Jacuzzi bubbles on the wooden roof deck overlooking the sea.
* Peruse the books and DVDs in the well-stocked library that doubles as a small conference room.
Dining at Abalone House & Spa:
Abalone House boasts the superb Restaurant and bar where you can pamper yourself with fine beverages and culinary delights.
* Breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea are served.
* The vibey bar is ideal for socialising over cocktails, wine, French champagne or one of the single malt whiskies and brandies on offer.
* Restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner to both Abalone House & Spa residents and members of the public, but because it is such a popular venue, make a reservation beforehand to enjoy this sumptuous West Coast cuisine!
If privacy tops your menu, you can always opt to enjoy a light lunch and cocktails if your suite at Abalone House & Spa has its own private balcony or patio.
Elegant simplicity is also found in the Africology Spa at Abalone House, which offers African inspired therapies and products in four calm treatment rooms one customized for couples. Abalone House’s Spa offers unique signature treatments available exclusively to guests.
Conference facilities at Abalone House & Spa:
Abalone House & Spa is the ideal setting for small conferences, executive breakaways and team building workshops.
The boutique hotel can host between 10-20 guests for conferences depending on venue choice. Additional accommodation for guests is available in South of Africas selection of self-catering cottages in Paternoster, all conveniently located nearby.
Abalone Houses plush executive boardroom is a cosy venue offering seating for up to 14 delegates in opulent high back chairs, around a large antique table. The boardroom at Abalone House & Spa features state of the art media and audiovisual equipment for conferences and workshop. In addition, Abalone House & Spa has its own small business centre offering additional internet access for guests.
Abalone House & Spa is able to offer special menus for conference delegates, including adding afternoon tea and gourmet dinners to our basic conference packages.
In addition, our staff will happily assist in devising a tailor-made conference or workshop package to include special activities such as scuba diving, kayaking, pottery, cooking lessons and other excursions in the area.
Wedding facilities at Abalone House & Spa:
Ideal for stylish destination weddings, Abalone House & Spa can host between 20-40 guests depending on venue choice.
Wedding couples have the choice of selecting three different venues to celebrate their wedding ceremony and reception at Abalone House & Spa.
All these options offer outstanding opportunities to capture beautiful photographic images.
Accommodation at Abalone House & Spa:
Abalone House & Spa is in the seaside village of Paternoster on the Cape West Coast boasts ten luxury ground and first-floor suites built around a tranquil sheltered garden courtyard. All the ground floor suites have direct access to the elegant pool set in the courtyard.
In line with international trends for small boutique hotels, visitors to Abalone House & Spa are able to choose from three different types of suites, all comfortable and superbly appointed.
At Abalone House & Spa, we have taken pampering to a new intensity by embellishing our suites with every conceivable convenience to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. Experience our unsurpassed attention to detail in the many thoughtful touches, from extra-length beds and deluxe pillows, to fluffy mohair blankets and under floor heating.
Guests may select from the following types of accommodation:
* Standard Superior: These five rooms are situated on both the ground and first floor, with access to the
inner courtyard and swimming pool. They do not have sea views.
* Luxury Superior: Situated on both the ground and first floor, these four suites have private balconies or
garden patios. They do not have sea views.
* Superior Sea View Suite: This magnificent suite is situated on the first floor and has its own private patio
with spectacular full views of the sea.
Other in-room features that enhance all the air-conditioned suites include:
* Extra length King sized or twin beds with white cotton linen.
* En-suite bathrooms with bath, shower, under tile heating and heated towel rails.
* A fully stocked bar fridge and top of the range Italian coffee machine.
* Flat screen television with Netflix, iPod docking station, CD and DVD player make lazing in the privacy of your suite a pleasure.
* Built-in electronic safes.
In addition to the comfortable communal spaces, guests to Abalone House & Spa can enjoy the peaceful outdoor courtyard and the roof deck with Jacuzzi offering magnificent ocean views.
From Cape Town: travel north on the R27, turn left at the Vredenburg turn-off and travel through Vredenburg to Paternoster. The entire trip is roughly 140km.
From Cape Town International Airport: travel towards Cape Town on the N2, take the N7 - Malmesbury/ Goodwood turnoff (Vanguard Drive) and turn right towards Malmesbury. Travel north on the N7 and turn left at the Melkbosstrand turn-off. Continue to the R27. Turn right onto the R27 and travel north, past Yzerfontein and Langebaan until you get to the Vredenburg turn-off. Turn left at the Vredenburg turn-off and travel through Vredenburg to Paternoster. The entire trip is roughly 155km