A Farm Story Country House is surrounded by pastures and breathtaking views a place to retreat from city life.
Experience today`s accommodation in yesterday`s style and traditional hospitality. A Farm Story Country House is situated between Riversdale and Albertinia on route to Stilbaai.
It was born from a tradition that believes a story speaks to the soul and the heart.
-"Oom Tom se Huis" (The Country House) was established in the early 1800`s on the farm Klein Soebatersvlakte.
- The Kasselman family are the owners of this estate for 5 generations and the land is still well preserved.
- The house played an important part in the history of the Cape, as the stables were used as a hospital during the most southern battle in the Anglo- Boer war in 1902.
- The first ever, gravel road between Riversdale and Stilbaai is still, to this day, being used and accesable on the farm.
- The famously known "Kontrei Winkel" "Oom Boet se Winkel" was the only general dealer in the 1900`s. Accommodation:
Three luxury rooms available with private entrance, en-suite bathrooms.
All rooms have coffee-and-tea trays.
Bedding of the finest linen (300 thread percale) and towels are provided.
Enjoy each unique room with its own historical elements, and story to tell....
A Farm Story Country House Activities: Activities at A Farm Story:
- A veld trip to get close-up and personal with the “only to be found in the Western Cape” "fynbos" flora.
- Journey with us through the cheese making experience and taste the famous Kasselshoop cheese exported internationally.
- Enjoy a walk on the farm, interacting with the milking cows and feeding the animals.
Activities within 10 minutes drive from A Farm Story
- enjoy a sundowner at Stilbaai as the sun bode farewell to a day well lived and promising more beauty and tranquility the day to come.
- take a veld trip on horse back. One or two hour veldtrips on horse back can be arranged.
Making A Farm Story your base, the following day trips:
- Enjoy the scenic Meirings Poort or Swartberg Pass to lunch at one of the Ostrich Palaces of Oudtshoorn before visiting the famous Cango Caves.
- Take a leisurely drive along the N2 and stop at the Aloe Factory in Albertinia
- The Adrenaline seekers can stop at the the Gouritz River Bridge to bungee jump.
- History becomes alive at the Mossel Bay Maritime Museum and The Old Post Tree, dating back to the Portuguese arrivals of Vasco da Gama.
Click to display the map