A Bit of Heaven is a peaceful break, overlooking a fairy tale garden. This centrally situated accommodation option is only 5 minutes from the Johannesburg and Durban N3 highway, with easy access to all local amenities. It is also the perfect springboard to explore the famous Midlands Meander and the surrounding inherent attractions such as the Drakensberg Mountains.
The guest house offers guests affordable accommodation in a relaxed, informal environment. Simple, vintage dcor and spacious design promises a truly laid-back experience, while bright shades create an inviting space that instantly puts you at ease. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, a carefully selected range of facilities is designed to give you everything you need without the added frills or fuss.
The Redlands Hotel, one of South African sought after hotels, is just across the road. Redlands Club Room and the Blue Room are open to the public for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Book your venue for conferences or functions at Redlands Hotel. Enjoy a body massage, facial or hair cut at Redlands Beauty Salon. Bookings for can be made by the staff of A Bit of Heaven.
Guests have full access to the swimming pool and the barbeque area at the pool.
Guests have full electronic access to secure off-road parking. Breakfast is available on request. We serve an English or Health Breakfast in your room and endeavour to cater for special needs and preferences. Vegetarian meals are also available on request. .
A Bit of Heaven is 3 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from Pietermaritzburg Oribi Airport.
Accommodation at A Bit of Heaven:
Deluxe Luxury Room: Has a DSTV, as well as standard tea and coffee-making facilities.
Deluxe Ladies or Couple room with share bathroom facility: Has a DSTV, as well as standard tea and coffee-making facilities.
This room is available to Couples and Ladies, at a most affordable price. Our De Lux Ladies or Couple room only offers a share bathroom facility. This bathroom is not on-suite; guests follow the passage to their room.
Facilities and Services:
In order to enable us to provide our facilities at the best possible rates for our guests, the following items are only available on request at minimum additional charges:
- air conditioner
- luxury coffee
- luxurious Glodina bath robes
- swimming towels
- Available on request (no charge): Iron and iron board, hairdryer, plug for cell phone charger
- Guests have full access to the swimming pool and the veranda area at the pool.
- Guests have full electronic access to secure off-road parking.
- Excellent security
Other facilities can be arranged on request.
- We charge a refundable cash deposit at check-in.
- We do not offer self-catering or barbeque facilities.
- We would like sensitize you to the fact that due the rather steep descend of our entrance, some vehicles might find it difficult entering our premises - specifically those with a low chassis and low profile tyres.
- A Bit of Heaven does not hold themselves responsible for any injury, loss theft or damaged cause to persons, vehicles and their contents whilst on their premises howsoever they may be caused.
Surrounding area and activities:
Restaurants, pubs and shops
Howick and Karkloof Falls
Karkloof Canopy Tours
Ango-Boer war memorabilia Howick
- 3 months before stay date: 60% of total amount is refundable.
- 1 month before stay date: 30% of total amount is refundable.
- 2 weeks before stay date: 10% of total amount is refundable.
- 1 week before stay date: 0% of total amount is refundable.
Facilities & Services available:
Airport Shuttle Service
A Bit Of Heaven is a Bed and Breakfast in Pietermaritzburg KwaZulu-Natal South Africa