7 Church Street is conveniently situated central to all amenities, while having 360-degree panoramic mountain views.
The main house is adorned by a proliferation of original art work, given added warmth from the Oregon pine and reed ceilings which look down onto yellow wood and oak furniture and red tiled floors.
The stunning gardens are a brim full of birds and butterflies, amongst the herb and rose gardens, seemingly oblivious to human life forms. In spring the indigenous garden full of succulents comes into bloom with a myriad of different flowers following the sun until it leaves the sky for the day behind a magnificent sunset.
The nights in the gardens are under Karoo starlit skies with the Milky Way awesomely above.Accommodation
The four rooms/suites are all different:
- A cosy double room with a bathroom equipped with a shower looks out onto the house`s veranda and catches the morning sun.
- A luxury twin room with en-suite shower and bath.
- A luxurious honeymoon-suite for those "special" moments, with a four-poster, queen-sized wrought iron bed, with an en-suite Victorian bathroom consisting of a large cast iron ball and claw bath, and separate shower. Own entrance and TV
- An elevated and separate garden-suite, offers bedroom with a queen sized bed, the bathroom comprises a bath and huge shower, with an 80 m² lounge, under a 140 m² reed ceiling, with its own library, TV and bar fridge, leading out through two double doors onto a sun-deck, which has wall to wall garden and mountain views.
All the rooms are equipped with tea and coffee trays, hairdryers, heaters and fresh flowers.
There is safe off road parking for all guests cars, Scrumptious Country breakfast, Personal friendly service, Walk safely to all restaurants.
Facilities & Services:
- Ironing Service
- Wine Tasting
- Bar on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Other Language
- Mini Golf
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
- Horse Riding
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
- Tennis Court
7 Church Street Guest House Activities: Health And Relaxation
Spa-resort with hot mineral springs, 2 km walk or 5 minute drive Coffee shops and internet cafes and excellent shops for clothes or gifts.
Farm stalls for light meals and local produce Montagu's wine route in the morning followed by the Robertson route in the afternoon both with stunning wines and the tasting is free.
Sightseeing And Drives
Tractor ride to the top of the Langeburg on Wednesday or Saturdays including a potjiekos lunch. Take a wine cruise on the Breede River on a Saturday morning.
Go on a guided 4x4 veld and farm tour or self drive our 4x4 trails. Sport And Recreation
Golfing at Montagu's 9 hole course or Bonnievale or Robertson. Road Biking on the R318 or the Route 62 in complete safety.
Mountain Bike hire and easy to challenging rides in the area. Tennis and Bowling in walking distance. Horse and Camel Riding in the area.
Walk through the kloofs to see rock formations and Wildlife. Hike 1000m above Montagu to see views of the surrounding villages from the top of Bloupunt. World renowned Rock Climbing within walking distance.
Click to display the map