5 Third Avenue Guest House is located in the garden suburb of Walmer. We are a B&B and Self-Catering establishment. Our rooms have a kitchenette, equipped with fitted two plate hob, bar fridge, kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
PLEASE NOTE - we do not allow the cooking of spicy foods (ie. curry, stews, etc) in the rooms, due to the strong aroma which stays in the rooms and curtains.
We provide Ricoffy Coffee, Tea, Sugar, Powder Milk, Face Cloth and Towels. Please bring your own Shampoo and BEACH towels.
All rooms have shower en suite only (no bath tub). We also provide Shower Gel and Liquid Hand soap. Some rooms have two single beds which can be joined to give you a king size bed, other rooms have a queen size bed.
Our overnight room is a smaller room with a double size bed. We also have a non-self-catering room which does not have a kitchen or cooking facilities. This room is in the front section of our property and not around the pool where the other rooms are.
Our rooms are serviced daily except on Sundays and Public Holidays.
We have a lovely pool and braai area. LED / LCD televisions in all room with MNet and selected DSTV channels (Guesthouse bouquet). Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.
PLEASE NOTE: our Guesthouse is a private property and Right of Admission is reserved. We do not allow visitors. All facilities and amenities are for the sole use of our resident guests only.
Children 10 years of age and older are welcome, but will be charged adult rate. Unfortunately we cannot cater for children younger than 10 years of age. We are not wheelchair friendly. We do not allow pets.
All rooms are strictly non-smoking, our designated smoking area is the braai area. We do have House Rules, a copy of which can be e-mailed or faxed to you on request.
Free Wi-Fi is available in designated areas. Downloading of torrents, movie or music files is not allowed. Connection will be blocked if abused.
Check-in time is from 15h00. Prior arrangements must be made if you want to check in later than 21h00 as our reception closes at 21h00.
Check-out time is strictly by 10h00.
We provide one parking bay per room only. Please advise if your vehicle is larger than the average sedan car in order for us to confirm whether we can entertain / have space for your vehicle. This applies to trailers as well.
Airport transfers only between 8 am and 8 pm. On site parking behind a motorized gate.
The price for breakfast is not included in my rate - it will be an additional fee per person. Please enquire about this fee.
Rate differs in December/January holiday period.
Distance from local attractions:
- Humewood Beach - 5km
- Blue flag award for safety, amenities and cleanliness 8km
- Bayworld complex (oceanarium / museum / snake Park 8km
- Boardwalk Casino complex, movies / cinema 6km
- Walking / jogging in Settler's Park (nature trail) - 2km
- Harbour / Yacht basin - 5km
- Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium - 8km
- Sahara Oval cricket - 5km
- St Georges Hospital 5km
- Nelson Mandela Bay University - 10km
- Shamwari Game Reserve - malaria free 1 hours drive
- Addo Elephant Park - malaria free 1 hours drive
- Bowls, tennis, squash, scuba diving, golf, gym (less than 5km)
- Private airfield (less than 15km)
- Medical facilities (less than 5km)
- We are within easy walking distance to several local restaurants and shopping facilities
Deposit required -
- 100% deposit is required on confirmation / reservation for 1 night bookings
- 50% deposit is required on confirmation / reservation for bookings of 2 nights or longer
Cancellation policy -
- if cancelled 29 or more days before date of arrival - 50% of the deposit paid will be refunded
- if cancelled within 15 to 28 days before date of arrival - 25% of the deposit paid will be refunded
- if cancelled within 0 to 14 days before date of arrival - no refund of deposit paid
- No show or if cancelled on arrival or during the stay - the full accommodation charges due will be levied
- Above cancellation policy does not apply for the December / January holiday period. No refunds will be given for bookings over this period and the
- balance / full amount of accommodation charges due is payable on or before 15 November 2016
- A 10% administration fee will be deducted from all refunds
Facilities & Services available:
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
Rooms and Units Available:
Poolside rooms either have a queen size bed or Two Single Beds. We use a joiner to join two single beds so you have a King Size Bed.Also Smaller room by the pool with a double size bed.
Amount of similar units: 8
Sleeps 2 Adults
From N2, Take M4 Settlers Way towards the City / Summerstrand / Beach / Walmer. M4 Settler's Freeway ends at a big intersection with a set of traffic lights. Turn right at this intersection into Walmer Boulevard. Follow Walmer Boulevard for about 3km. (you will pass the fire station on your left and then a Kwik Spar on the right a bit further along). Turn left into Third Avenue. Nr 5 (our Guest House) is on the left hand side a white house with a red roof. Ring the bell at the driveway gate and we will open for you.
OR: We are in the same Road as the Airport. As you exit the Airport turn left. We are on the Right Hand Side 0.3km away. (PS we do not have a noise problem with the aeroplanes)
Our Address is Nr 5 Third Avenue in WALMER (please make sure you select THIRD AVENUE in WALMER on your GPS as we have 4 suburbs in Port Elizabeth which have a THIRD AVENUE) If your GPS does not give you the choice you must rather enter HEUGH ROAD which intersects with Third Avenue.
Click to display the map