"40 Winks" is situated in the beautiful town of Somerset West, away from all the hustle and bustle of city life, and is an ideal base to explore the Western Cape and enjoy the many attractions that will make your stay an interesting and enjoyable one.
Surrounded by the majestic Hottentots Holland Mountain Range, at the entrance to the Winelands and 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport, the Strand and Gordon`s Bay. Somerset West offer a large variety of things to see and do.
Historical and other popular Wine Estates as well as scenic drives, golf courses (Golfers' Paradise), Helderberg Nature Reserve, Hiking & Horse trails, Arts & Crafts, Monkey Town.
Excellent restaurants, Somerset Mall (One of the largest Shopping centres in the Western Cape), Whale watching, fishing and boat trips from Gordon's Bay.
From Cape Town Airport:
- Take the N2 to Somerset West (approx 25km). Take the Stellenbosch / Broadway Boulevard offramp. You are now on the R44.
- At the main set of traffic lights you will see Waterstone Shopping Centre on your left and a housing complex on your right. Turn right at these traffic lights and you are now in Main Road.
- Go through another two sets of traffic lights and you will shortly come across a sign M9W (Upper Orange Road). Turn into Upper Orange and take the bend in the road.
- You will see a road on your right. Turn into it and you are now in Quinan Road. Drive down to "40 Winks" and in front of the house will see the sign on the wall.
- We are on the corner of Keurboom and Quinan
From the Eastern Cape side:
- Take the offramp when you see Somerset Mall.
- Turn right onto the R44 and then follow the same directions.
THE BIRD'S NEST - STUDIO FLAT: Ideal for 2 adults
With king size or 2 single beds, sleeper sofa, 2 single chair, dining table and chairs.TV with DSTV, MNet and SABC channels. Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, two plate stove with oven, crockery and cutlery, bedlinen and towels and some extras.
THE DOLPHIN AND GUINEA FOWL COTTAGES: One Bedroom Cottages: Ideal for 2 adults and 2 children or 4 friends
(Slight mountain view from the front of the cottages and garden)
With ceiling fan, king or 2 single(2 sleep privately) , 2 single beds in the lounge and two single chairs, dining table and chairs, Remote control TV with DSTV, MNet, and SABC channels.Fridge/freezer, microwave, two plate stove with oven, crockery and cutlery, linen and towels, hair dryer, heating panel, wall safe and much more.
The Dolphin Cottage a bath with overhead shower which is idea for families with small children. The Guinea Fowl Cottage has shower only.
All accommodation has secure off street parking (some under cover) behind an electronic gate with a separate entrance from main residence. Use of the salt water swimming pool, braai (bbq) area and the garden. You may pick veggies and herbs in season.
- To start your day you may decide to make your own breakfast or order a pre-packed continental breakfast.
- Home cooked evening meals by prior arrangement or you may have a barbeque around the pool.
- E-mail and fax facilities are also available for guests convenience at reasonable rates.