Situated between Wepener and Zastron, Van Stadensrus is a relatively young town which was proclaimed only in 1925. It was named after the founder, M. H. van Staden, who owned the farm Mook on which the town was laid out in 1920. He also built the nearby Egmeni or Egmont Dam.
Van Stadensrus Activities:
Egmont Dam, on the Wepener road offers a caravan park and camping sites and can be used for watersport.
Grave of CWA Durand
A commander in the Anglo-Boer War.
Van Stadensrus Hotel
One of the oldest buildings.
Van Stadensrus Map: