Selinda is a classic wilderness camp located on the banks of the eastern Selinda Spillway in the Selinda Reserve; a 1 350 square kilometre private reserve in Linyanti
. Predator viewing is exceptional including lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah.Camp Description
• Main area comprises a large decked area (lounge, under thatch dining, star deck, tea deck).
• Photo/art gallery and quiet reading area.
• Climate controlled wine cellar.
• Curio shop.
• Plunge pool.
• Traditional campfire on the ground and under the stars.Game Viewing
Game drives are fruitful with a variety of antelope, hippo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, elephant and buffalo to be seen. Predator viewing is exceptional including lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah.Electricity and Water
• 220V generator powered electricity that runs when guests are out on activities backed up by a bank of solar panels. When guests return, generator generally switched off (for peace in camp).
• 220V inverter system is used for lighting and other limited electrical use in each tent 24 hours a day.
• Video camera batteries can be charged in each tent 24 hours a day. An adaptor is provided in each room that accommodates most international plug systems but please bring a spare camera battery to ensure uninterrupted photographic opportunities.
• Plug points are available in each tent so that sleep apnoea machines may be used, but guests must advise camp of this in advance.
• Hot water is available 24 hours a day in the tents via a solar hot water heating system.Children
Children over the age of 6 years are welcome, however, private activities need to be booked and paid for. The minimum age for boating activities is 6 years, while canoe and walking activities have a minimum age of 12 years.
This camp usually accommodates 16 guests plus tour leader/guide/pilot but can, on request, accommodate 18 and at a push 20 guests can be accommodated.
Nine tents in total consisting of:
• 7 x twin-bedded tents
• 1 x family unit (2 bedrooms sharing 1 bathroom)
• 1 x twin pilot/guide/escort tent (same standard as guest tent)
• Double beds available on request with linen and mattress convertors.
• Large “Chobe-style” tents under thatch with each on a raised wooden deck.
• En-suite bathroom with stone bath, twin vanity basins, flush toilet and shower.
• Sliding door access through front of tent from large veranda.
• Sliding door entrance between bedroom and bathroom.
• Fans and mosquito nets are standard.
• Swarovski Optik High Definition binoculars are available in each room for the guest to use for the duration of their stay.
Selinda Camp Activities:
• Day and afternoon game drives via 4 open-sided Toyota Land Cruisers (with removable canopies). Each vehicle has seats 8 with 6 “window” seats plus the one up front next to the guide. The camp has a supply of bean bags for guests to use to steady their camera while on a game activity.
• Night drives with spotlights.
• Short walks from camp and from game drives.
• Bird watching.
• Massage therapies are available (at an additional cost) either in the guest’s tent or in the gallery.
• Boating activities along the Selinda Spillway, its lagoons and waterways.
• Canoeing along the Selinda Spillway in season.
• Fishing – we do have both bass rods and fly fishing rods with some basic equipment. Avid fishermen are welcome to bring their own equipment along.
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
(varies according to the time of year and the game viewing of that day)
06h00/06h30 – Wake up call. Light continental breakfast: cereals, tea/coffee/juices to be served in the dining room or around the fire.
Depart at around sunrise for morning activities, returning to camp at approximately 10h00.
10h00/11h00 – Brunch consisting of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
From now until afternoon tea, guests will be at leisure or can take escorted short walks from camp.
15h00 – Afternoon tea consisting of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
15h30 – Depart on afternoon game viewing activities – drinks and snacks served for sundowners.
19h00/19h30 – Return to camp (but could be later if good game sighting).
20h00 – Pre-dinner drinks are served on the main deck.
20h30 – Three-course dinner served with table wine.
22h00 – Coffee and drinks at the campfire.
Please note that the activities are flexible and can be tailor-made to guests’ requirements; night drives are also offered.
Selinda Camp Map: