is a shopper's paradise. From designer boutiques, world-class cuisine to local curios and cosy coffee shops, Johannesburg shopping malls offer superior quality merchandise, entertainment and are unique lifestyle destinations.
Here's a list of some of the malls that can be found around the city:
* Sandton City - located in Sandton's prestigious Central Business District.
* Sandton Square - Rivonia Road, Sandton
* Hyde Park Corner - Jan Smuts, Hyde Park
* Mall of Rosebank - Cnr Cradock and Baker Roads, Rosebank
* The Zone @ Rosebank - Oxford Road, Rosebank
* Cresta - Beyers Naude Drive, Northcliff
* Northgate - Cnr Olievenhout and Northumberland Roads, Northriding
* Fourways Mall - Witkoppen Road, Fourways, Sandton
* Fourways Crossing - Cnr William Nicol Drive and Witkoppen Road, Fourways, Sandton
* Eastgate - Bradford Road, Bedfordview
* Southgate Mall - Cnr Columbine and Rifle Range Roads, Mondeor
* The Glen - Cnr Letaba and Orpen Road, OakdeneCraft Markets
Johannesburg craft markets feature African masks and wooden carvings, beaded dolls, wire baskets and toys and a variety of other indigenous objects - from everywhere in Africa.
You'll also find clothing, ceramics, collectibles, second-hand books and jewellery, and plenty of cheap mass-produced goods. Whatever you're looking for, the flea markets are full of bargains and surprises.
Some of the well-known flea markets are:
* Bruma Lake Flea Market at Bruma Lake
* Crafters Market at Fourways Crossing, Fourways in Sandton
* East Rand Flea Market on North Rand Road, Boksburg
* Flea Market World at 164 Louis Botha Ave in Houghton Estate
* Hillfox Market at the Hillfox Power Centre, in Hendrik Potgieter Rd, Weltevreden Park, Roodepoort
* Market Theatre Flea Market in Newtown Cultural Precinct, Bree St, Johannesburg central
* Rivonia Market in Rivonia Blvrd, Rivonia, Sandton
* Rooftop Market in the Rosebank Mall, 50 Bath Ave, Rosebank, Sandton.Where to StayAccommodation in Johannesburg Metropole
are found in areas such as Sandton
, Johannesburg City
and Kempton Park
near OR Tambo Int Airport.Other Things to Do
Johannesburg offers a host of attractions and activities, and offers the visitor many things to do
Johannesburg Shopping Map: