To really experience this region, you will have to bring along your hiking gear, for there are many day-walks to be done:
- Bosbok, Grysbok and Snelsetter Hiking Trails
- Sleeping Beauty, Kristalskloof, Rooiwaterspruit and Mont Blanc
- Gouriqua, Fynbos, Witblits and Die Poort Hiking Trails
- the Still Bay Routes
- Cape St Blaze, Ruiterbos and Koumashoek Trails
- the Doring River Wilderness Trail and Pass-to-Pass Trail
Within the National Parks you'll find:Tsitsikamma National Park
- various day-walks like the Blue Duiker and Lookout TrailsWilderness National Park
- the Kingfisher and other trails
Sedgefield - Goukamma
and 6 other trails
- the Jubilee Creek walk and 6 other trails in Knysna Indigenous Forests
>Tsitsikamma National Park
And for the more adventurous and eco-lovers, there are trails like the:
- Boosmansbos Wilderness Area
in Heidelberg, ranging from 2 to 5 days,
- Attaquaskloof Trail in Mossel Bay, a 3-day Trail (or the 2-day Botterberg Trail)
- Tierkop 2-day Trail in George.
- The picturesque Outeniqua Hiking Trail
through the Outeniqua National Park, a 7-day trail.
- Or the famous Otter Hiking Trail
, 5 wonderful days along the coast of the Tsitsikamma Reserve.
Or just spend a relaxing day in any of the Nature Reserves in and around the Garden Route.