Djuma Game Reserve
- where the big five roam – is situated in the famous Sabi Sands Game Reserve which is part of the greater Kruger National Park.
Djuma was started over twenty years ago as a safari lodge by the Moolman family and is renowned for the quality of its game safaris. Our guides and trackers not only know the ways of the African bush, but are able to follow the various fascinating animals – from lions and elephants to leopards and other nocturnal animals – by reading the signs of the wild and following them, even off-road.
A game safari is a once in a lifetime experience for many people and thus the quality of the safari is paramount.
Djuma Game Reserve hosts two exceptional lodges:Vuyatela Lodge
Vuyatela is a private and exclusive self-catered lodge (chef included in rate). This exclusive lodge is a celebration of modern South Africa in all its intricate glory with an extensive collection of contemporary African artwork.Galago Camp
Galago Camp is a self-catering safari game lodge that accommodates ten guests in five rooms. This intimate lodge is ideal for families and groups that like their own space. You will have your own guide and vehicle at your disposal to explore this remarkable African ecosystem.
Come and experience Djuma (meaning roar of the lion).Conservation:
Djuma Private Game Reserve recognizes and embraces the important role it plays in the overall conservation of its environment. Every effort is made to maximize the preservation of our environment by practicing responsible management techniques that protect and enhance the area for future generations. We aim to help secure the long-term sustainability of the South African tourism industry and are aligned with the Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa organisation.
Djuma Game Reserve is committed in taking action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To comply fully with all environmental legislation and codes of conduct
- To minimise our waste and to reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To reduce our pollution to a minimum
- To invite our guests, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- Where we can, to work with others in the tourism industry, in public agencies and the community to achieve wider environmental goals
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
Djuma Game Reserve Map:
On approaching Hoedspruit take the R531 to Klaserie, Acornhoek and then follow the signs for Sabi Sand to Gowrie Gate. Follow directional signs to the required camp.
Fees payable at the gate on arrival:
- R250.00 per vehicle entrance fee, in addition
- R110.00 per person entrance fee