Situated in the heart of the Karoo, next to the Buffalo River, between Laingsburg and Ladismith, and en route to Seweweekspoort, lies the peaceful, unique and fully contained self catering Wagendrift Lodge
Although one is surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature and its abounds, the choices still remains whether you would like to pass time by leisurely taking a bush walk and doing some bird watching, or getting the adrenalin rush of doing something more physical such as swimming, mountain biking, motorcycle trails or exploring the 4x4 routes.
Wagendrift Lodge is also ideally suited for team-building exercises, hosting a spacious entertainment area, as well as comfortable sleeping facilities for up to 22 people.
A large, clean and refreshing swimming pool can be used to cool off during hot summers. Beautifully lit up at night!
Braai facilities are available for both the lodge and cottages. Our kitchen and entertainment areas are fully equipped and spacious.
Accommodation at Wagendrift Lodge:
Three identical cottages with comfortable accommodation for 4 people. Each cottage has its own bathroom as well as braai facility overlooking an amazing mountain view.
Each cottage has its own veranda where you can sit back and relax, watch the sunset over the mountains, and enjoy the wildly sounds of nature.
Self catering cottages.
The stone lodge has 5 comfortable bedrooms. Rooms 1-4 has 2 single beds and room 5 has a double bed. The lodge also has a fully equipped kitchen and outdoor braai facility.
Self catering Rooms.
Here you can wake up peacefully, get your first cup of coffee and get back into bed to absorb the surrounding nature views.
At night time, you can leave the curtains open for a breathtaking view of the night sky`s jewels.
Terms and Conditions:
- Extras: Braaiwood can be purchased on the farm at R40.00 per bag and R20.00 per log - subject to availability. Bring your own to avoid disappointment. Ice can be purchased at R10.00 per bag.
- Check-In time is 14:00 and check-out time is 10:00. Early arrivals or late departures can be catered for, but MUST BE PRE-ARRANGED.
- Cleaning service: (no washing or ironing) can be arranged (a day before required) at a cost of:
R80 – Lodge entertainment area
R30 – Per room
R40 – Per cottage
- Mobile phone signal - ± 500 m outside farm gate.
- Visitors: Guests are not allowed to entertain day visitors or overnighters.
- As there are other guests who needs to be considered, no noise is permitted after 23:00 as people come here to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city noise.
- Strictly NO pets allowed.
Wagendrift Lodge offered a welcome overnight stay with comfortable and clean facilities. The mountains surrounding the farm are magnificent!
When booking was made and we realized this was a bit off the beaten track, we were a bit concerned what we might find. However on arrival the concern was dispelled. The drive from Laingsburg was spectacular, but the setting was really great. Will certainly consider booking in here in the future, even if off the main road.