Welcome to umSisi House: Luxury accommodation in the Jock of the Bushveld Conservancy just minutes from the southern Kruger Park
Set in 60 hectares of pristine bush, within the Jock of the Bushveld Conservancy, umSisi House is strategically located in the Peebles Valley between the town of White River and the Numbi Gate entrance to the southern Kruger Park (15 minutes away).
umSisi House is a 5 star country house villa and gourmet getaway making us the perfect destination for groups of friends and family wishing to visit South Africa’s Kruger Lowveld region, the Panorama Route and enjoy the many adventure activities available in the immediate area.
The house only caters for private groups (between 4 and 10 people) on either (a) a dinner, bed and breakfast basis or (b) a full board (all inclusive) basis. It is particularly suitable for those looking for luxury accommodation near the Kruger Park.
With panoramic views of Legogote Mountain and the African village of Masoyi, guests enjoy beautiful gardens, majestic trees, abundant birdlife, walking trails, a relaxing jacuzzi, inviting swimming pool, enormous veranda, stunning interiors, extensive library, wifi internet and state-of-the-art TV Room when at home.
A booking service for local activities (including bespoke Kruger safaris in open game-viewers) is also provided. All meals are planned with guests in advance to ensure that the dining experience is a daily highlight.
There is a separate self-catering cottage available for groups of up to 4 in size.
The uniqueness of umSisi House revolves around the following:
• Three en suite bedrooms (master suite with dressing room) in the farmhouse
• Separate cottage with a further two bedrooms sharing a double shower room which is perfect for larger groups requiring additional accommodation
• An inviting swimming pool heated by the sun, surrounded by sun loungers and a nice big umbrella for those seeking shade
• A vast covered veranda with dining area and charcoal-fired oven / barbecue, comfortable plantation furniture and a day bed for those lazy afternoons
• Colonial paddle fans in all rooms and on the veranda to fight off the African heat
• A roaring fire in the sitting room and heating throughout for those chilly winter nights when the skies are icy blue
• Luxuriously appointed bathrooms all with large showers, deep baths and wonderful views of the surrounding mountains
• A Jacuzzi in the rock garden to help you unwind before dinner after a day’s game viewing
• A soon-to-be indigenous forest, beautiful gardens, mountain trails and exceptional views of Legogote Mountain
• Wifi internet throughout
• A wide selection of books and other reading material in the Library (which doubles as the TV Room) including a collection of natural science reference books covering all of the region`s wildlife as well as guide books and maps of the surrounding area. These are available for your use when exploring the Kruger National Park
• A TV Room for those rainy days or times when guests feel the need to catch up with the outside world offering satellite TV with an HD decoder / recorder, DVD player and a large collection of movies
• A selection of games and puzzles
• Speakers in all the entertainment areas allowing you to connect your iPod to our system
• Complete wheel-chair access to ensure that everybody who wants to experience umSisi House can
• A wonderful team of staff to ensure that your stay is hassle-free and packed with memories to take home.
umSisi House Activities:
We have teamed up with local operators, and their experienced guides, to provide you with the option of exploring the Kruger from the privacy of your own open game viewer. These vehicles are hired on a daily basis.
Because of our close proximity to Numbi Gate you can choose from the following:
• Full day game viewing experience with gourmet picnic hamper
• Early morning game-drive returning to umSisi House for lunch
• Morning ‘at home’ departing on an afternoon game-drive after lunch returning to umSisi House for dinner
• Early morning game-drive returning to umSisi House for lunch and back to the park for the rest of the afternoon
• Night-drives and walking trails can also be arranged upon request although these activities do have a minimum age restriction
Alternatively, you can arrange your own trips and explore the Kruger National Park in your rental vehicle.
umSisi House is also perfectly situated to explore the many wonders of the Panorama Route and indulge in a host of adventure activities.
umSisi House Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
Essential African Packing List:
• Mosquito repellents and malaria prophylactics as advised
• Sandals or flip-flops as well as some sturdy walking shoes or boots
• Sunglasses, hats, sun cream, after-sun and lip balm
• Swim wear (and goggles if you’re sensitive to chlorine)
• Your camera and video recording equipment as well as batteries, car-charging adapters, film, memory cards and tape
• Two pairs of binoculars as one is never enough to go around
• A strong torch in case the lights go out
• Your preferred guide books and other reading material to supplement what we have in our library
• Your iPod so that you can listen to your favorite music
• Something warm for the evenings when the air temperature drops
• Those specials toys that your children can’t live without!
Health & Climate:
The Peebles Valley is situated above the high-risk malaria area and is considered to be a very low-risk malarial destination. This essentially means that it is highly unlikely that you will contract malaria when staying with us.
Precautions are necessary when visiting Kruger Park or surrounding private concessions
November through to March is humid and balmy and it is rainy season. Daytime temperatures can reach 40ºC (104ºF) while night-time temperatures are a pleasant 22ºC (72ºF).
In October and April there is typically less rain and a very slight reduction in temperature.
May through to September is predominately dry, the time mid-winter is in June and July and the maximum daytime temperature is still around 26ºC (85ºF), although the nights can get very chilly.
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Numbela is situated in beautiful riverside gardens and is perfectly placed for exploring the area - from Kruger Park to Blyde River Canyon and Pilgrim's Rest - and yet is in easy reach of the restaurants and night life of White River and Nelspruit.