Tsitsikamma Village Inn
, situated in the beautiful Storms River village, is the perfect accommodation for couples, families, and adventurers alike. The Tsitsikamma Village is home to a variety of restaurants, its very own microbrewery, and is also a great place to stay if you are planning to explore and sight-see around Storms River.
The unique Tsitsikamma Village Inn was originally established in 1946, and has been hosting travelers since 1841. This privately owned and managed hotel consists of village-style rooms, where each cottage is individually decorated and has its own garden matching the specific colonial building style. The property also offers Swiss style chalets built around their own village square.
The hotel offers a variety of onsite restaurants, a cafe, a pub and a microbrewery! The little ones have a beautiful swimming pool and jungle gym, as well as a games room in the village square.
The main building, which traces its roots back to 1845, has a spacious dining room, incorporating the De Oude Martha Restaurant, the Hunters Pub, Cafe Bacchus and Guest Lounge. The Tsitsikamma Village Inn offers a fun-filled adventure option for the more active guest and is popular both with incentive and conference groups. Close to the Tsitsikamma National Park at Storms River Mouth, the Big Tree and forest hikes.
Marilyn`s 60`s diner takes you back in time, and is a themed tribute to the great Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe. The diner is famous for its burgers, milkshakes, cocktails and fantastic décor.
Neighboring the 60`s diner is the village`s latest addition: The Tsitsikamma Microbrewery. Our microbrewery motto, "Not all beers are created equal!", guides us in the process of making three of our very own craft beers available on tap. Contact us about our daily tasting sets and brewery tours available. To add a little extra to your booking with us at the village inn, if you order a beer during your stay, we`ll deliver it to your room!
The Hotel is renowned for its good food and old world charm. It has been a favorite for many a year!
Accommodation at Tsitsikamma Village Inn:
Premier Rooms (6):
De Oude Pastorie x 4 | Albert & Victoria Honeymoon Cottage x 2
The Premier Rooms are comprised of 4 rooms in De Oude Pastorie, and 2 rooms in the Albert and Victoria Honeymoon Cottage. De Oude Pastorie rooms are all double story, and have the familiar sash windows and flat-roofed feature of most Southern Cape villages. The honeymoon suites are in a late Victorian styled building, and also have beautiful sash windows.
Village Rooms (20):
The Village Square offers beautifully decorated rooms, each unique in design. The building resembles traditional building styles of the early Cape Colon, and the rooms are decorated accordingly. These rooms include Hanover, Drostdy, Ikaya, Arnistin and the Victorian Cottages.
Barn Rooms (7):
The beautifully decorated Barn rooms date back to the 1800’s, and were originally used as stables for travelers’ horses while journeying along the Garden Route. The rooms were converted into the cosy bedrooms they are now in 1996, and offer beautiful views during your stay.
Log Rooms (16):
WEST - double storey wooden rooms x 8 | EAST - double storey wooden rooms x 8
Our Log Rooms are Swiss-style, double story chalets built in 1988. The building is situated around a fountain, and offers beautiful views from all rooms. We believe these rooms provide an experience that emphasises on the wood-cutting legacy Tsitsikamma is so proud of.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Limited Room Service
- Conference facilities
- Wedding facilities
- Team Building
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Cots available
- Internet Access
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Xhosa / Zulu
- Games Room
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Tsitsikamma Village Inn Activities:
Whilst staying with us, you have a huge variety of activities to do in our beautiful region:
- Tree-top Canopy Tours - a unique forest experience, 10 slides to 10 platforms 30 m above the forest floor.
- Woodcutters Journey - enjoy a tractor-trailer ride down the old Storms River Pass, with a knowledgeable guide and refreshments served next to the river.
- Tsitsikamma Eezi-Bikes - mountain bike and battery assisted mountain bikes for hire.
- Blackwater Tubing - scenic guided river trips, small fun rapids and rock jumps up to 10 m (optional).
- Forest and Fynbos Walks - guided walks in the forest and fynbos, learn about fascinating forest dwellers and see elusive bird species.
- The Big Tree - 1 000 year old Yellowwood tree, 1 kms from the Hotel.
- Escape to the Fynbos Golf and Country Estate, or the Tsitsikamma Coastal Golf Estate for a round of golf.
- Enjoy an eco-boat cruise up the Storms River gorge and in the river mouth at Storms River Mouth, in the Tsitsikamma National Park.
- Choose between a couple of activities by Untouched Adventures Activities in Storms River Mouth, Kayak and Kloof, Scuba and Snorkel or Tsitsikamma Boat Dives.
- Waterfall Zipline Tour - two hours of adventure criss-crossing the river on a slide system (longest slide is 211 m).
- Natures Valley - a beautiful unspoilt beach / lagoon.
- Paintball, a game of tactics in the great outdoors.
- Bridge Walking Tours - see the engineering feat of the Bloukrans Bridge and experience the thrill of walking on a catwalk 21 m above ground.
- Face Adrenalin, for the highest bunjy jump in the world! You have a choice of the 216 m bunjy jump, or the flying fox, or the "double rush" adventure combo, or a walking tour.
- Visit The Elephant Sanctuary at the Crags, Plettenberg Bay - an experience that will stay with you for life.
- For a living forest experience, visit Monkeyland and Birds of Eden, situated in the Crags, Plettenberg Bay.
- Still in the Crags, visit Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre and experience african wild cats in nature.
- Tsitsikamma Segway Tours in the Tsitsikamma Forest.
Tsitsikamma Village Inn Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
Some summer essentials for your trip:
* Swim wear
* Hiking shoes
* Open shoes
* Sun glasses
* A good hat
* Shorts or skirts to keep cool
Tsitsikamma Village Inn Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 3
We will definitely come again. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The package is a brilliant idea, which we enjoyed very much. We also had lovely weather. Thank you.
Rating: Reviewed by Annelize Burley over a year ago
Double rooms on the barns very well renovated and comfortable.
Rating: Reviewed by Laetitia Jarno-Berly over a year ago
Our room was very spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The surroundings are beautiful and really well looked after. The restaurant meal was delicious and we liked the fact that the prices were still 'South African' and not hiked up due to the number of tourists who stay at Tsitsikamma Village - and Rochelle was a very pleasant, efficient waitress. We'll be back!
Rating: Reviewed by Susan Wolf over a year ago