The Mountain House is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Cape Town. Nestled against the slopes of Trappieskop Mountain, bordering the Table Mountain National Park, The Mountain House is uniquely designed to take in the most spectacular views.
This ‘home from home’ offers the best of our rich diversity in fauna and flora while combining access to a wide range of social and extra mural pursuits at your doorstep.
4 to 6 people can be comfortably accommodated:
- Off-street parking
- Separate, private entrance
- Under floor heating
- Plasma TV with MNet and DVD player
- Alarm system and small safe
- Main bedroom with queen size bed and fine linen
- Ample cup boarding and dressing table
- Luxurious en-suite bathroom with large shower and double vanity
- A second bedroom with two single beds and its own en-suite is an optional extra
- The clerestory windows bring views of the mountain behind into the spacious, light filled living area where two custom made daybeds work equally well as two single bed for children
- Well equipped kitchenette with fridge, microwave/convection oven, gas hob and state of the art appliances
- Glazed sliding, folding doors provide a seamless flow from the living area onto a magnificent balau deck with 360 degree views.
- Barbecue/braai facility in private, landscaped indigenous garden
- Twice weekly servicing included. Daily servicing can be arranged.
- Built with sensitivity towards the environment, The Mountain House boasts a rainwater collection system as well as solar water heating.
The Mountain House - Trappieskop Activities:
5 minutes to:
- Clovelly and Fish Hoek beaches
- Clovelly Country Club (18 hole par 72)
- Kalk Bay Harbour and surrounds
- The Silvermine Wetland Walkway
10 minutes to:
- Boulders Beach (penguin colony)
- Mineral World Scratch Patch
15 minutes to:
- Cape Point
- Imhoff Farm
- Cape Point Ostrich Farm
- The Constantia Winelands
- Silvermine Nature Reserve
20 to 30 minutes to:
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
- Hout Bay
- Chapman’s Peak
- Cavendish Mall
- V&A Waterfront
- Robben Island Ferry
- Table Mountain Cable car
- City centre
30 to 40 minutes to:
- Cape Town International Airport
The Mountain House - Trappieskop Map:
The Mountain House - Trappieskop Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
We enjoyed the stay very much although it was a little too short as we had to leave Cape Town for the semi-final at Durban. Perfect appartement with perfect view and surroundings. Nice, close and convenient to the city and Cape Peninsula.
Rating: Reviewed by Martin Mueller over a year ago
Other Accommodation near The Mountain House - Trappieskop:
Accommodation options within 8km from The Mountain House - Trappieskop include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Chartfield House evokes the spirit of a time when everything was done with a little more style and with a lot more attention to detail. It's a haven created to whisk you away from the cares of the world the moment you step inside this grand old house.
This 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom luxury apartment is situated directly opposite the Kalk Bay Harbour and offers spectacular views of the bay and Hottentots mountains beyond. Chosen as a Cape Decorex "Designer Stay" Harbour Place is furnished with quirky flair.
The Inn at Castle Hill is a charming, characterful Edwardian Villa overlooking the quaint fishing village of Kalk Bay near Cape Town. Enjoy true Cape hospitality and the personal service of your host, Madelein.
This prettily-appointed 2 bedroom apartment is situated in the heart of Kalk Bay, a vibrant fishing village on the warm False Bay coast. Known for its harbour, quaint cobbled streets and arts, Kalk Bay is one of the secret gems of the Wes Cape.
The hotel offers a stylish yet relaxed feel with views of False Bay, and is a short 40-minute drive to the airport.
per person sharing