The George Hotel and Conference Centre
is built on the site of the British Residential Commissioner, Sir Charles Saunders`s residency. Originally Tavernors then The Provincial Hotel.
The land was aquirred in 1896 and the present hotel built in 1906 adjacent the Great 300 ha Dlinza Forest.
The Hotel during the mining boom of the 1920s, was operated as a Stock Exchange for four months. This Hotel has been through the Bambata Rebellion, Union, Apartheid era and now part of the changing new South Africa.
Ideal base to have the complete "101 Things to do in Eshowe". We are close to beaches, big five, Anglo Zulu and Zulu battlefields Route, Zululand Birding Route, KZN Brew Route, Great Five Forests, Zululand Historical museum, Vukani collection, Mbongolwane wetlands, Shakaland, Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift.
There are over eight beautiful fully represented churches in Eshowe which makes it a great wedding venue. The George Hotel can cater for a wedding reception of up to 90 guests.
Facilities at the George Hotel and Conference Centre:
* 3 Conference Rooms and Wedding Facilities
* Cordon Blau Restaurant - The Quarters
* The Happy George Pub
* A large veranda with a coffee shop (Cafe Zulu) where we also serve breakfast
* Large swimming pool
* On site micro-brewery - The Zululand Brewery
* Laundry facilities
* Secure parking
* 24 hours access
* Close to shops, banks and Post Office
* Television and DSTV Satellite
* BBQ facilities
* Tour operator – Zululand Eco-Adventures
* Travel Agent – Elite Travel
* Resident historian
* On the regular Baz Bus route (Johannesburg-Swaziland Durban and Dbn-Swaziland-Jhb)
* Bird Guides
* Durban Airport transfers.
* Medicinal garden
A full English Breakfast is served and a early breakfast can be arranged.
Accommodation at The George Hotel and Conference Centre:
Original 100 years old Victorian design hotel rooms with Oregon pine floors and doors, newly renovated, air conditioning and television with DSTV.
Rooms 1 – 15
* 5 Standard size twin bedrooms en suite
* 6 Queen / Twin Rooms en suite
* 2 Double rooms en suite
* 1 Family room with Queen & 1 Single
Our John Dunn wing is loaded with wonderful contemporary Zulu art and history. These have been designed and decorated by Peter Engeblom and top KZN decorators.
Rooms 16 - 26
* 2 Standard double bedroom with a Queen / Twin bed and en suite bathroom.
* 4 Triple room with double bed and single en-suite bathroom
* 2 Delux single rooms
* 2 Standard size twin bedrooms with showers and baths.
* 1 Family room of 2 twins and one double
The George Hotel and Conference Centre Activities: Cultural Experiences and events:
- Traditional Zulu Ceremonies
- Dlinza Forest Arial Boardwalk
- Eshowe Hills Golf Estate
- Prawnshack, Museums and History
- Battlefield Tours
- Cultural Villages
- Nature Reserves Forests Dams
- Big Five
- Upliftment projects
- Wetlands and Crafts
- 4 X4 Trails
- Amatikulu Nature Reserve
- Tugela Valley
- Township Tours
- Songs Dance and Drums of Zululand
- Old Gold Mines
- Brewery & Restaurant
- Local Artists
The George Hotel and Conference Centre Map:
InnZululand Guest Lodge offers business and leisure accommodation in Eshowe providing guests with B&B and meals on request, comfortable rooms and quiet surroundings for work or relaxation.
per person sharing
Guest Accommodation on the prestigious Eshowe Hills golf course consists of a two bedroomed self catering duplex and three double en suite rooms with sitting room.
per person sharing
The dinning room offers a continental breakfast, and a full English breakfast. Dinners on request. The rooms are all non smoking, You can be assured of quality acccommodation with comfortable beds, fine percale linen, fluffy towels & air conditioning.
Thornleys is an upmarket guest house with only 4 en-suite bedrooms, surrounded by the magnificent Dlinza forest, a lush garden making for great birding; it offers private and exclusive accommodation.
Guest House accommodation in Eshowe, Zululand offering large verandah with stunning views, Dining Room,full English breakfast and six en-suite rooms.
per person sharing