- Each room is light and spacious, tastefully decorated to the theme of its name, and with an understated but romantic elegance.
- Every effort has been made to ensure our guest’s comfort, from crisp percale linen and large luxurious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, to underfloor heating and satellite television.
- For complete opulence try one of the honeymoon suites with luxurious spa bath and sea view. Other features include a mini bar, electronic safe, telephone, hairdryer, tea & coffee facilities, and bath robes.
- The B&B chalets sleep two in either twin or king size luxury, and the self-catering chalets can sleep four, making them ideal for families.
- The chalet names are inspired by nature and the magnificent surroundings, and each chalet is beautifully decorated to the theme of its’ name.
- The Chalets are open to children of all ages. Babysitters can also be arranged on request, should adults wish to dine in the restaurant.
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Activities:
- For nature loves there are walks both on and around the farm that take you through plantations, wetlands and fynbos to beautiful viewpoints, with many birding opportunities en route.
- You can also amble over to the dam and drop a fishing line in the water in pursuit of bass, or take the rowboat out and enjoy a round of sundowners.
- The more active can take to the forest roads on mountain bikes and set about conquering the surrounding terrain.
- There is another option for exploring the area that does not require either riding or walking - two characterful vehicles are available to take you on picnics, sightseeing, or sundowner outings.
- Within easy driving distance of Forest Ferns is the magnificent Tsitsikamma National Park which is well worth a visit, as well as Storms River Village where you will find the exciting treetop canopy tours, and the Bloukrans Rive Bidge from which adrenalin seekers can throw themselves off in a 214 metre bungee jump.
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Map:
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
Just "discovered" this absolute gem of a location by chance and it was a truly positive experience in every respect. Breathtaking views and well appointed facilities in a section of the Eastern Cape that is truly representative of the Garden Route tag. I would certainly like to return when in the region again and highly recommend The Fernery to anyone looking for a weekend away or a stopover.
Rating: Reviewed by Hein Barnard on 17 December 2015
Makes such a wonderful change from staying in chain hotels. Cabin was comfortable and very clean and the food good. The drive to the Lodge was interesting - down a dirt track road for about 4 miles! But it added to the charm.
Rating: Reviewed by Irene Edgar over a year ago
Other Accommodation near The Fernery Lodge & Chalets:
Accommodation options within 8km from The Fernery Lodge & Chalets include:
Guest Rating: (14 reviews)
Tsitsikamma Lodge and Spa loftily set against the foothills of the Tsitsikamma Mountain range.
per person sharing