- Each room is light and spacious, tastefully decorated to the theme of its name, and with an understated but romantic elegance.
- Every effort has been made to ensure our guest’s comfort, from crisp percale linen and large luxurious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, to underfloor heating and satellite television.
- For complete opulence try one of the honeymoon suites with luxurious spa bath and sea view. Other features include a mini bar, electronic safe, telephone, hairdryer, tea & coffee facilities, and bath robes.
- The B&B chalets sleep two in either twin or king size luxury, and the self-catering chalets can sleep four, making them ideal for families.
- The chalet names are inspired by nature and the magnificent surroundings, and each chalet is beautifully decorated to the theme of its’ name.
- The Chalets are open to children of all ages. Babysitters can also be arranged on request, should adults wish to dine in the restaurant.
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Activities:
- For nature loves there are walks both on and around the farm that take you through plantations, wetlands and fynbos to beautiful viewpoints, with many birding opportunities en route.
- You can also amble over to the dam and drop a fishing line in the water in pursuit of bass, or take the rowboat out and enjoy a round of sundowners.
- The more active can take to the forest roads on mountain bikes and set about conquering the surrounding terrain.
- There is another option for exploring the area that does not require either riding or walking - two characterful vehicles are available to take you on picnics, sightseeing, or sundowner outings.
- Within easy driving distance of Forest Ferns is the magnificent Tsitsikamma National Park which is well worth a visit, as well as Storms River Village where you will find the exciting treetop canopy tours, and the Bloukrans Rive Bidge from which adrenalin seekers can throw themselves off in a 214 metre bungee jump.
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Map:
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
Just "discovered" this absolute gem of a location by chance and it was a truly positive experience in every respect. Breathtaking views and well appointed facilities in a section of the Eastern Cape that is truly representative of the Garden Route tag. I would certainly like to return when in the region again and highly recommend The Fernery to anyone looking for a weekend away or a stopover.
Rating: Reviewed by Hein Barnard over a year ago
Makes such a wonderful change from staying in chain hotels. Cabin was comfortable and very clean and the food good. The drive to the Lodge was interesting - down a dirt track road for about 4 miles! But it added to the charm.
Rating: Reviewed by Irene Edgar over a year ago
Other Accommodation near The Fernery Lodge & Chalets:
Accommodation options within 8km from The Fernery Lodge & Chalets include:
Guest Rating: (15 reviews)
Tsitsikamma Lodge and Spa loftily set against the foothills of the Tsitsikamma Mountain range.
per person sharing
Mountain Breeze Log Cabins are situated just off the main N2 road on the famous Garden Route. The self catering log cabins are located on a working Protea Farm set in the heart of the Tsitsikamma.
per person sharing