is styled in traditional Cape-Dutch elegance. Furnished with period pieces and original artworks, this home offers a unique combination of old-world charm and ultra-modern facilities.
A home from home for discerning travellers, Somerton Manor bids you a warm welcome and personalised services.
Enjoy a full buffet breakfast, either in a comfortable dining room or, on the Cape-Dutch veranda and enjoy the peace and tranquility of a country manor.
Relax in a stylish lounge with an honour bar for your comfort. Our cosy fireplace provides warmth in winter. If more privacy is required, the upper lounge will also offer you peace and tranquility.
Unwind in the attractive lapa area adjoining the heated sparkling swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and fitness facility. Treat yourself to some of the great South African wines in Somerton Manor`s exquisite wine cellar.
Have an invigorating workout in our gymnasium followed by a relaxing Sauna. Let go of your stress by indulging yourself in our Jacuzzi.
Socialize over some entertaining games in the billiard / games room.
Beautiful gardens with tropical flowers and exotic palm trees and squirrels add to the country lifestyle.
Accommodation at Somerton Manor:
Relax in one of our 12 stylish en-suite bedrooms: from our Honeymoon suite, to the Standard or Deluxe - all with satellite television, private telephone, clock radio, mini safe and tea / coffee making facilities.
Air conditioning and under-floor heating are available.
Somerton Manor Activities:
- Sight seeing and cultural
- Cape Town, V&A Waterfront, Cape Point and surroundings
- Robben Island
- Cable car to top of Table Mountain
- Open top bus tours around Cape Town
- Shopping Malls
- Craft Markets
- Castle of Good Hope
- District 6 Museum
- Theatres: Baxter , Artscape, Amphitheatre
- Ghost and legend routes
- Spook Hill
- Scenic Drives - 4 passes route
- Grand West Casino
- Oom Samie se Winkel
- Tee-off times at over 17 golf courses around Cape Town
- Golf discounts at Erinvale Golf Club
- Explore the area
- Wine and Food
- Wineland day tours in and around Helderberg, Stellenbosch, Paarl, Franschoek and Constantia
- Beer, wine and cheese route
- Many top restaurants to choose from in the area
- Animals and nature
- Two Oceans Aquarium
- Sunset cruises and boat charters
- Beach walks
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
- Wild Flowers during August and September
- The Penguin Colony at Boulder's Beach
- World of Birds
- Monkey Town
- Butterfly World
- Whale watching
- Crocodile Farm
- Ostrich Farm Cape Point
- Strawberry picking in season
- Sports and Adventure
- Shark cage diving
- Fly fishing and fishing trips
- Mountain biking
- Many hiking trails
- Light aircraft, helicopter and hot-air balloon tours
- Hang-gliding and parachuting
- Water sports: scuba diving, surfing, sailing, etc.
- Tennis, Squash, Bowls, Crochet
- Sand boarding
- 4 x 4 trails and quad bikes
- Sky diving and paragliding
- Bungee jumping and abseiling
- Kite flying and kite surfing
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Mini golf
- Horse riding
- Ratanga Junction
- Harley Davidson/BMW rides
- Massages at Somerton Manor
- Beauty treatments
- Cosmetic surgery, eye laser treatment etc
Somerton Manor Map:
Somerton Manor Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
Very courteous, great service, beautiful colonial style property with amenities like jacuzzi. Very happy.
Rating: Reviewed by John Couston over a year ago
The personal service was outstanding. The facilities were superb. A real home away from home - will definitely be back.
Rating: Reviewed by David Manby over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Somerton Manor:
Accommodation options within 8km from Somerton Manor include:
Family run Guest House offers 5 rooms and 2 self-catering units, a large pool in a big garden. Ideally located; 3 km to the beach and 18 min to the airport. Free high-speed internet, children welcome. Secure off-street parking. Wheelchair friendly.
Asgard Apartments offer magnificent views of the Mountain range, stunning wine lands, as well as being in close proximity to the shopper's paradise of Somerset Mall, popular golf courses and the beautiful beaches of Strand and Gordon's Bay.
per person sharing
This stylish and elegant home nestles among sighing hilltop pines in Rome Glen, Somerset West, with mountain vistas on one side and unparalleled views of the ocean of False Bay from Gordons Bay to Cape Town, on the other.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Luxurious self-catering apartments, each with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private balcony. Overlooking Erinvale World Championship Golf Course, walking distance to Club house and hotel
Historic Hotel set in the peaceful Heart of the Helderberg surrounded by majestic mountains, adjoining the famous Erinvale Golf Course. The Hotel is perfectly located to explore the Cape Whale Coast, Winelands and the Garden Route.