Shangri-la Country Hotel & Spa Activities:
Offering charming old-world elegance, cheerful staff and a refreshingly uncommercialised atmosphere, this beautiful 24-year old hotel also boasts a romantic wedding chapel, several conference areas, swimming pool and tennis courts.
With a TripAdvisor Award of Excellence in 2013 and 2014 (for consistently high ratings from its travellers) as well as Trip Advisor Traveller’s Choice Award in 2014 – Shangri-La Country Hotel has recently undergone extensive refurbishments to its main building. These include an Nguni-inspired promenade, outdoor wooden deck, cellar, airy 100-seater Bellows restaurant, 40 seater sun deck (ideal for summer breakfasts and sundowners), Baroque-themed Heritage restaurant and the cosy Barry’s bar.
On the promenade, guests can find a cosy corner to read a magazine or enjoy freshly brewed filter coffee on the wooden deck under its leafy canopy. Exquisite antiques, chandeliers and oversized paintings adorn the lavish Baroque-themed Heritage Restaurant and lounge areas.
Spa at Shangri-la Country Hotel & Spa:
The renowned Waberberg Country Hotel, Shangri-La, has crossed the threshold into the international hospitality arena. In response to the high demand from its loyal patronage of the past 24 years, the romantic Country Hotel in the heart of the bushveld opened its very own Spa! The long awaited move elevates Shangri-La to new heights of decadence and service in an atmosphere of pure relaxation and sensual enjoyment.
Located at Shangri-La’s iconic sparkling pool, the new Spa forms part of the relaxation area. “We are creating a whole new space for our guests to enjoy the comforts of our well known destination,” says owner Johan Jansen van Vuuren, who has recently also opened a similar concept at the 5-star Abalone House & Spa in Paternoster. “We have long been wanting to offer this service to our guests, and have the past 2 years been able to provide a mobile spa service with a local entrepreneur, however, the feedback has been extremely positive and the demand for a permanent offering high. It was logical to take the next step.”
Elegant simplicity is what guests can expect from the Spa, which opened its doors on 1 July 2014 at Shangri-La.
The Spa offers two calm treatment rooms – one customized for couples. The services that guests can expect range from a variety of massages and skin and body care treatments. An enticing menu of face and body treatments is available to guests, and the beautifully soothing surroundings will ensure a deeply enjoyable experience.
Internationally acclaimed holistic edutrainer and owner of Aaha Learning Dr Bruce Copley, has been offering his unique learning shops at Shangri-La since 1991.
What makes Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa special?
• When you need to unwind in the restorative surroundings of unspoilt nature with a loved one, friends or family members, Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa offers a delightfully tranquil Bushveld setting with easy access to Pretoria and Johannesburg.
• Variety of country accommodation to suit different needs.
• Ideal getaway to laugh, relax and socialise while you savour sumptuous meals, catch up on some reading, go for an early morning stroll or enjoy a game of tennis.
• Facilities for conference and bush weddings, including a quaint brick-faced chapel.
Other facilities at Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa include:
• 24-Hour Front Desk
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Business Services
• Concierge Service
• Pleasing array of dining venues
• Relaxing swimming pool with terrace loungers and umbrellas
• Volleyball court with balls
• Unique Labyrinth in honour of Dr Bruce Copley
• Stargazing in the Amphitheatre
• Tennis courts with rackets and balls
• Indoor sporting facilities including snooker table, darts and table tennis
• Plenty of open space for outdoor team building activities i.e. soccer, basketball etc.
• Many guests that visit Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa claim their own piece of paradise by languishing around the pool, enjoying the well kept gardens, walking in the surrounding bush or simply watching the resident wild monkeys frolicking in the trees. For the more active, a variety of activities is available on site, including tennis, volleyball, jogging trails and bird watching.
Meercats, monkeys and baboons are an integral part of the unique African bush at Shangri-La Country Hotel & Spa. As wild primates instinctively fear humans, we do not feed, tease or engage with the animals that call this place home. As a precautionary measure, we request hotel guests to do the same by keeping a respectful distance from them. They are unlikely to get up to any monkey mischief if guests simply remain alert, supervise children when animals are nearby and keep their hotel windows and doors locked when leaving the rooms.
Shangri-la Country Hotel & Spa Map:
For a country hotel, the service, ambiance, food and price were all excellent.
Being our visit to the Bushveld, we did not know what to expect at Shangri- La. The hospitality, friendliness, style, quality of service, food and facilities ( and even a grand piano!!) that we experienced are more than excellent! We are already planning our next trip!!