Sea Why, Nature’s Valley, is a self catering apartment, with its own private facilities and separate entrance.
The unit comprises one bedroom (en-suite) and a living room with open plan kitchen. The living room leads to a separate private patio with a built braai.
- The bedroom offers a double bed (bedding and towels supplied), built in cupboards and electronic safe. En suite: Shower, WC and basin.
- The living room has a bunk bed, a couch, easy chairs, TV (DStv Easy view) and built in cupboard.
- The open plan kitchen offers an under counter fridge, microwave oven, a hotplate, a kettle, a toaster and kitchen utensils for four people.
- Outside there is a private patio with braai, braai utensils, patio chairs and table and an outdoor shower to rinse off beach sand.
- Secure off street parking for one vehicle and trailer is available.
- Sea Why is suitable for older people since all areas are on the same level.
Bedding, bathroom towels and kitchen towels are supplied and changed on a weekly basis. (Enough blankets -available for winter visits). Please bring your own beach towels. A laundry service is available in Plettenberg Bay.
- Because of the wild life in the village we do not accommodate pets.
- Nature’s Valley has a shop (limited stock) and a small restaurant.
Sea Why is situated within an area of exceptional beauty, the Tsitsikamma, central to the Southern Cape rain forest - the largest remaining rain forest in Southern Africa.
Nature’s Valley is situated within the borders of the De Vasselot section of the Garden Route National Park — the only town in South Africa to be surrounded by a national park!
The village teems with wild life and the gardens often receive visits from bush buck, bush pigs, monkeys and genets. From the dunes visiting whales and dolphins can be observed in the bay.
Sea Why Activities:
Within a 15km range from Sea Why:
- Birds of Eden - the largest free-flight aviary in the world.
- Monkeyland - multi-species primate sanctuary.
- Tenikwa wildlife awareness centre - a wildlife rehabilitation program.
- Crags Elephant Sanctuary - walk and interact with elephants.
- The Mill living centre - ceramics, mohair, leather, fine arts and restaurant.
Within a 15 to 50 km range from Sea Why:
- Canopy Tours - a three hour slide tour 30 metres up in the trees.
- Falls adventure - zip lines and abseiling.
- Puzzle Park - 3d maze and puzzle walks.
- Horse trails - half day, day, and moonlight and breakfast trials on horseback.
- Eagle Encounters - bird of prey education and rehabilitation centre.
- Woodcutters Journey - explore the afro-montane forest.
- Ocean boat based tours - whale, dolphin and shark watching.
- River Ferries and boat hire - a boat trip up the Keurbooms River.
- Ocean safaris whale and dolphin watching.
- Kayaking - ocean paddling.
- The world’s highest bridge bungee jump.
Sea Why Map:
Nectar Cottage lies in the only village inside a South African National Park: Nature's Valley on the Garden Route, which is surrounded on all sides by nature - a 100 paces from the pristine beach, a beautiful river lagoon, and the Tsitsikamma forest.
The Wood offers one double room and one twin room, both with on suite bathrooms. Each room has a private entrance via a spacious balcony where our guests spend most of their time watching the world go by.
per person sharing
Set in a lush garden amidst the trees in the Tsitsikamma Forest, Natures Valley Guest House is a place where you can put up your feet for a while and enjoy the unspoilt nature.
per person sharing
From Plettenberg Bay the scenic route winds through rural farmlands and indigenous forests to Nature's Valleys and Lily Pond - with its unique architectural design and contemporary decor.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Situated in the heart of Natures Valley, which is part of the Tsitsikamma National Park, we are surrounded by spectacular beaches and the sound of crashing waves is interspersed only with that of the garden's singing bird.