Roodewal (Bush Lodge) - Kruger Park
is situated approximately 40 km from the Olifants Restcamp on the gravelled road to Timbavati and is administered from Olifants Restcamp. Roodewal (Bush Lodge) - Kruger Park
is an exclusive, private lodge with a unique style and atmosphere providing the opportunity for tourists to enjoy complete privacy, as only residents are allowed entrance to the camp.
There are no shops or restaurant facilities, but a fully equipped kitchen. Barbecue facilities are provided and wood may be purchased. The nearest shop is at Olifants Restcamp, 40 km away.
Roodewal must be reserved en bloc. Visitors can check in at any main rest camp or gate.
A special feature is a lookout platform that resembles a treehouse. It is constructed around an enormous Nyala tree, and hangs suspended over the banks of the Timbavati. Accommodation at Roodewal (Bush Lodge) - Kruger Park
A bush lodge is an exclusive, private lodge with a unique, rustic style and atmosphere, with multiple rooms and bathrooms. It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy, as only residents are allowed entrance to the lodge area. A bush lodge must be reserved en bloc. Roodewal can accommodate a maximum of 19 persons at a time.
• All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Solar panels provide power for lights and fans only.
• There is one family cottage with two bedrooms and two bathrooms (one with a bath, the other with a shower).
• There are 3 bungalows that have 3 beds each, a loft with two mattresses, a bathroom (shower) and a small refrigerator.
• The living area comprises of a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, bar, lounge, braai (barbeque) and viewing deck. The kitchen has a gas stove with oven, refrigerator, freezer, cutlery and crockery. Gas braais and braai (barbecue) facilities are provided.
Roodewal Bush Lodge is managed form Satara camp and has no Reception area. Visitors can check in at any main rest camp or gate. Accommodation at Roodewal Bush Lodge is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a private, self-catering bushveld experience.Facilities at Roodewal (Bush Lodge) - Kruger Park
- No electricity (plug points) available for appliances in units
- No shop or restaurant available
- No Reception office at camp
- No cellphone reception available
- The nearest camps are Satara (44km) and Olifants (28km)Important Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.