Roodenburg House is a luxurious guest house in the leafy suburb of Rondebosch, with fabulous mountain views and a short distance away from local amenities, sights, attractions and facilities.
This lovely old house set in shadow of Table Mountain and Devil`s Peak, opposite the Rondebosch Market (where regular Craft Markets are held), was built in 1882.
- Enjoy a delicious English breakfast in our delightful diningroom opening out onto an enclosed garden with stunning views of the mountain and lap pool
- Gym; enjoy a leisurely workout before heading off to the office
- Bar; beautifully decorated , overlooking the pool and garden
- Guest Lounge; relax and unwind over a sundowner in this quiet corner of the house, which also has a big screen TV
- Conference Room; small conferences accommodating up to 20 persons serving dinners,lunches snacks and refreshments
- Pool; outside pool area with deckchairs and umbrellas - the perfect setting to cool off and relax outside
- Dinner; evening dinners by arrangement
- Communication; email, print, scan and fax facilities available
- Parking; very secure, gated off-street parking
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Swimming Pool
- DVD and/or VCR
Our 5 en-suite bedrooms offer the option of King size or Queen size beds and the downstairs garden suite with its own private patio is also equipped for the physically challenged guest.
All bedrooms have:
- En suite bathrooms with Heated Towel Rails and Shaving plug
- Individual satellite decoders
- LCD televisions with DVD players
- 4 hours ADSL Internet
- Safes (you have sares)
- Electric Blankets on request
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
We also offer an interleading two-bedroom, en-suite family unit on the 1st floor overlooking the pool and garden.
Roodenburg House Activities:
Rondebosch is a short 15 minute drive from the airport, and we can arrange airport transfers on arrangement. Speak to us to organise tours and activities, or for advise on what to see and do while you are here.
Rondebosch is the home of the University of Cape Town and nearly ½ of all the South African top schools are in this area.
Have a look at our pick of the best restaurants, entertainment, sightseeing, business, and sports activities in Rondebosch and Cape Town.
Roodenburg House Map:
Other Accommodation near Roodenburg House:
Accommodation options within 8km from Roodenburg House include:
Bradclin in Newlands is a modern 1 bed apartment with a small private garden. Situated close to Newlands Village, Newlands Rugby & Cricket & Sports Science Insitute. Ideal for Red Cross Hospital, Vincent Pallotti, Cavendish or UCT. Easy access to highway
Rondebosch Manor has prided itself on offering quality accommodation at affordable prices. It is conveniently situated in one of Cape Town's most historic Suburbs.
per person sharing
A 4 bedroomed guest house situated within an easy walk to University of Cape Town, the Baxter Theatre and various eateries.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Beautiful, character home in well-treed garden! Spacious rooms, some with a view and one wheelchair accessible. Home-made fare. Very comfortable and relaxed.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Situated in Newlands, within walking distance of the Cricket and Rugby grounds. We offer spacious well appointed rooms, comfortable beds and sumptuous full breakfasts. Ideal for both Business and Leisure Guests.