As the southern entrance to the Cederberg Conservancy, Mount Ceder is the perfect place to stay while visiting the Cederberg. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, a perennial river that runs through and stunning sunsets that is only the beginning of a memorable stay in one of our fully set-up self-catering cottages. Alternatively, relax on the veranda of our Old Mill restaurant with a sun downer or farm style meal, overlooking olive groves and mountain scenery.
Our Old Mill restaurant offers full English breakfasts and a 3 course farm style meal - please book ahead to avoid disappointment. Light lunches are available throughout the day.
Mount Ceder offers varies size cottages to suit your needs.
1. Klipbokkop cottage. This is our luxury cottage sleeping 6 people. 1 en-suit double room, 1 en-suit twin room, 1 twin loft room with own bathroom downstairs. The cottage is fully set-up for self-catering, with a fireplace inside and braai area outside. Air-conditioning in rooms and heated towel rails in bathrooms. Klipbokkop is situated up on a rocky ridge overlooking the valley and river. With a jacuzzi on the wooden deck it is the perfect place for privacy and relaxation.
2. Blinkberg and Waboomhoek. These 2 cottages also sleep 6 people each. Each cottage has got a en-suite double room, en-suite twin room and a loft twin room with it's own bathroom downstairs. Both cottages are fully set-up for self-catering with fireplace inside and braai area outside.
3. Puntjie cottage sleeps 6 people with 1 en-suite double room, 1 en-suite twin room and 2 single beds in the living area. A private cottage also with it's own jacuzzi on the front veranda. Fully set-up for self-catering with fireplace inside and braai outside.
4. Taaibos cottage. This cottage also sleep 6 people. 2 en-suite twin rooms (showers only) with a twin loft-room.
This cottage is perfectly allocated to privacy as well, with a veranda overlooking the river. Fully set-up for self-catering. Fireplace inside and braai area outside.
5. Peperboom, Olienhout, Kamferboom. These cottages sleep 4 people. Each cottage has got a double room and 2 single beds in the living room area. One bathroom with a bath only. Fireplace inside and braai area outside. Fully set-up for self-catering. Mountain views.
6.Kliphuis, Melkbos, Leeustert cottages. These cottages sleep 2 people. Each cottage has got 2 twin beds with a bathroom with shower only. Solar power, gas geyser and fridge. Fireplace inside and braai area outside. Stunning mountain views. Fully set-up for self-catering.
7. Kraalbos, Kniedoring and Soutkrans campsites. Mount Ceder only has 3 campsites, but each boasts with their own private Ablution and kitchen facility. Overlooking the river and mountains. Solar power and gas geysers.
All cottages are provided with percale linen and towels.
Swimming towels on request.
Room service and laundry service on request.
We regret, no pets are allowed.
Mount Ceder Lodge Activities:
Mount Ceder offers a variety of activities. Canoeing on the river - we have 2 beautiful 300 - 400m stretches of river pools to canoe on. Fishing with a "catch and release" rule. Horse-Riding - we offer 1hr, 2hr and half-day rides. Hiking - various hikes on Mount Ceder and a short drive away the Wolfberg Arch, Maltese Cross and Stadsaal Caves. Bird watching. Bring your Mountain Bike and take a leisure ride through the olive groves with a change to see Grey Rhebuck, Grysbok, Baboons, Mongoose and various birds.
Mount Ceder Lodge Map:
Health & Climate:
Winter at Mount Ceder can be cold as we get most of our rain in the wintertimes. Days get to about maksimum 17 Celcius. The winter sunny days are perfect for hikes, just remember to take a warm jacket.
Summer temperatures can get up to 40 Celsius with occasional thunderstorms.