Mopane Bush Lodge
is a small bush retreat of African Renaissance design. Nestling in the Mopane bushveld, it is at Mapungubwe, the most northerly point of South Africa, in the heart of the Africa
part of South Africa.
The lodge is tranquil, quiet, and peaceful and managed by the owners with attentive personal service. Mopane Bush Lodge is the ideal stopover when touring the northern part of South Africa. The lodge is 2 hours from Kruger National Park and half an hour from Mashatu in Botswana.
Facilities at Mopane Bush Lodge:
- One chalet is wheel chair friendly.
- Shelters for all guests vehicles.
- The boma, lapa and pool areas are served by an outside bar.
- Eight secluded twin-bedded thatched chalets with en-suite bathroom, each situated in their own kraal with an exclusive veranda and an additional outdoor shower.
- All chalets have an uninterrupted view over the mopane bushveld to the distant horizon, and no view of any other building or development.
- The bedrooms offer top quality mattresses and bedding, generous cupboard space, safe in each room, tea/coffee station, hair dryer, dressing table and a laundry service.
- The bathrooms have spacious showers, large thirsty towels, a large mirror and shelf space on each side and an 110v/220v shaver plug.
- Sparkling pool beside the bar.
- A comfortable lounge with a small library with a fireplace for the wintry nights.
- Delicious meals, simply prepared, are served in our spacious dining room, in the boma around the fire, in the lapa around the pool or in the bush.
Due to the seclusion of the chalets, they are not ideally suited to accommodate young children. However, children can be accommodated on the understanding that sleeping in bunk beds or cots in the chalets with parents is a compromise.
Mapesu Nature Reserve:
Mopane Bush Lodge is situated on Mapesu Nature Reserve, a 6000-hectare game farm in the Limpopo Valley. Game on the property includes giraffe, eland, waterbuck, gemsbok, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest, impala, bushbuck, duiker and steenbok. Also home to many other species of game (no dangerous animals) and birds, and a variety of trees and shrubs.
It is a safe environment for walking, cycling, birding, game tracking and driving in the bush bush. Rates include all activities such as guided drives or walks on Mapesu Nature Reserve. Off site activities are not included.
Accommodation at Mopane Bush Lodge:
Eight secluded twin-bedded thatched chalets with en-suite bathroom, each situated in its own kraal with a veranda and an additional outdoor shower. The views of the surrounding bushveld and beyond are unique to each chalet, with no view of any other building or development.
The spacious bedrooms provide a relaxing environment in luxurious comfort, with top quality mattresses and bedding, generous cupboard space, a safe in each room, hair dryer, good lighting over a large mirror at the dressing table and at the bedside tables. There is a tea/coffee station in every room. A laundry service is available. The bathrooms have spacious showers, large thirsty towels, good lighting over the basin with a large mirror above and shelf space on each side with an 110v/220v shaver plug.
One chalet is designed and equipped to be wheelchair friendly.
Mopane Bush Lodge Activities:
There are many activities and attractions in the area around Mopane Bush Lodge in the Mapungubwe area.
These include amongst others:
- Mapungubwe National Park - with spectacular views of the Limpopo River, dramatic scenery, spectacular sandstone cliffs, riverine forests with elephants and other wildlife.
- Also an elevated boardwalk through the forest to a hide overlooking the Limpopo River and decks offering an awesome experience viewing the confluence of the Limpopo & Shashe Rivers.
- Enjoy seeing and have interpreted unique Limpopo San rock art.
- Go birding with over 400 species to be seen, identified and enjoyed.
- Mapungubwe World Heritage Site – Mapungubwe Hill is the site of the first African Kingdom which reached its climax in the 13th Century, pre-dating Great Zimbabwe.
We arrange and take our guests to any of these attractions and activities as requested. Refreshments are included on all excursions.
Mopane Bush Lodge Map: