Maiden Head Country Lodge is a highly recommended, 3 star guest house in Queenstown.
Queenstown was founded in 1853 and was originally a millitary outpost designed to protect the British settlers from attack during the time of the Frontier wars.
Maiden Head has eight luxury rooms all with en-suite bathrooms. Five of the rooms have views of the surrounding moutains and the beautiful garden where ostriches and other small animals watch the fallow deer graze.
It is also the ideal venue for corporate think tanks with conference facilities to accommodate 60 to 100 people sitting in a cinema style. Laundry facilities on request.
Eight luxury rooms all with ensuite bathroom/shower, five of the rooms have views of the surrounding moutains, beautiful garden, fallow deers, ostriches and other small animals.
Choose between Luxury, Double, Standard or Self catering.
The Honeymoon Suite has a king size bed, bar fridge and TV with DSTV and MNET. This suite faces the mountain and has spectacular views.
It has a bath and shower, two hand basins, its own entrance and coffee/tea facilities.
Maiden Head Country Lodge Activities:
* The town hall's foundation was laid in 1882 with the clock tower added in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee.
* Hiking trails offering marvellous views of Queenstown.
* Lawrence de Lange Game Reserve: species include eland, gemsbok, kudu, blesbok, springbok, ostrich, zebra, Idian water buffalo, wildebeest, rhinoceros, giraffe
* Longhill Nature Reserve
* Bongolo Dam was built in 1905 the name Bongolo is derived from the Xhosa word 'mbongolo' meaning donkey as these animals were extensively used in the construction of the dam. The dam is widely utilised for all sorts of water sport such as yachting, power boating, water skiing and wind surfing.
* Stone drinking fountain for horses, dating back to the Victorian era.
* 1921 British-built steam locomotive that was used to pull the Royal Train when King George VI, Queen Elizabth and the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret visited Queenstown in 1947.
Maiden Head Country Lodge Map: