Madikwe Safari Lodge
is situated in one of South Africa’s largest malaria-free sanctuaries. Rich biodiversity of mammals, such as Africa’s Big Five, cheetah, wild dog, brown and spotted hyena, oryx, eland, springbok and ostrich. Excellent birdwatching with over 350 bird species. Diverse geology and broad mix of habitats. Exceptional field rangers. Intimate accommodation with sweeping views over the game-filled plains with the Dwarsberg range forming a purple-hued backdrop. A unique area imbued in history - Mzilikazi, Dr David Livingstone, Sir Cornwallis Harris and Herman Charles
Bosman. Effortless road and air access. Part of the family-owned and operated collection.
Accommodation at Madikwe Safari Lodge:
MADIKWE LELAPA LODGE
Lelapa literally means ‘family’, and this is exactly how we want you to feel – there is no restriction in terms of age or generation. You can expect warm hospitality, sublime comfort and a compelling charm which will make you want to stay forever.
Each of the 12 Suites are spacious, comfortable and ever respectful of the natural environment beyond. Indoor and outdoor showers, private plunge pool and wood-burning fireplace are just some of the added creature comforts to enhance Mother Nature’s subtle signature.
MADIKWE KOPANO LODGE
Kopano directly translated means ‘small gathering’. The Lodge comprises just 4 Suites (each with private plunge pool) which share a magnificent common area. Fine dining to the hoot of an owl, the roar of a lion or the crazed whoop of a hyena is the stuff that dreams are made of Salut!
MADIKWE DITHABA LODGE
Dithaba (meaning ‘mountain’ in the local dialect) is located slightly higher up and has a spectacular view over the open plains.
With only 4 Suites (each with private plunge pool), this Lodge is well suited to a group of friends or family members making it their own while on safari.
Or for those who simply prefer the sound of nature and little else.
Services at extra cost:
- Kosher food (by prior arrangement)
Wi-Fi: Free in Public Area
Satellite Television: Public Area only
Madikwe is situated in a region of South Africa which the malaria carrying mosquito (Anopheles) does not inhabit, and the reserve and region is therefore classed as a malaria-free region.
Madikwe Game Reserve Gate Entrance Fees:
Gate entrance fees into the Madikwe Reserve are as follows for 2017:
ZAR 180.00 per adult and ZAR 80.00 per child per stay (subject to changes dictated by the reserve)
- Madikwe Reserve entrance fees are payable per person directly at the Lodge and will be added to guest’s extras bill.
- It is safe to drive, so don’t worry about driving through the rural areas. The locals’ sense of community and the importance of your security are very highly regarded.
- Please advise us of your estimated time of arrival and note that winter (May to September) afternoon game drives depart at 15h30, and summer afternoon game drives at 16h30.
- Please drive carefully, and be aware of village pedestrians, their children and domestic animals.
- There are always a number of speed traps with traffic police along the way, so please be sure to observe the speed restrictions.
- The elephants at Madikwe Game Reserve must be treated with respect, so please keep a safe distance and don’t get out of the vehicle for any reason.
- Please take note that the Madikwe Game Reserve gate opens at 06h00 and closes at 21h00.
- Please advise the Lodge if you will be arriving outside of these times so that the necessary arrangements can be made on your behalf.
Madikwe Safari Lodge Activities:
- Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles
- Bush walks
- Bird watching
- Ecology house. Local community village tour
- Bush breakfasts and dinners
- Boma dinners
- Children’s activities
Madikwe Safari Lodge Map:
Health & Climate:
Weather – The climate is typified by hot wet summers (September to April) and cool dry winters (May to August).
Temperatures average around 25°C (77°F) but can get very hot during heat waves in mid-summer and extremely cold at night in mid-winter.
Rainfall – Classed as a semi-arid region, rainfall amounts to about 500 mm (19.5 inches) per year, with most of this falling in short, sharp thunderstorms in the late afternoons or night, between November and March.
Temperature – Summer: 25°C (77°F) to 40°C (104°F); Winter: 3°C (38°F) to 23°C (73°F).
Best time to travel – All year round; Best game viewing from June to October; Best birdwatching from October to April.
Guest Rating: (12 reviews)
Only lodge in the Big5 malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve offering a genuinely rustic wilderness experience - at affordable prices. Oil lamps, safari showers, meals cooked on an open fire and raised wooden cabins promise guests a true safari adventure.
per person sharing
Traversing over 75,000 hectares of true, untamed Africa and set in magnificent koppies amongst boulders, Madikwe Hills gently ebbs to the pulse of Africa’s drumbeat. The luxurious suites are ingeniously placed amongst the boulders.
per person sharing
Situated in the heart of Madikwe Game Reserve on the border of Botswana, the Madikwe River Lodge invites you to share the wildness and splendour Mother Africa in exquisite comfort.
per person sharing
Jaci's Safari and Tree Lodges are Game Lodges in the Madikwe Game Reserve. We are 1,5 hours North West of Sun City and you can fly/drive in. The Madikwe Game Reserve is Malaria free. It is 75,000.00 hectares and has the "Top 10" and 340 species of birds
Situated in Madikwe Game Reserve, Impodimo Game Lodge is carved from the hillside, eight glass fronted luxury chalets line a natural spring, each enjoying striking views either from within or from the outdoor shower.