The camp is strategically placed in the central region, situated on the southern bank of the Letaba River only 50 km from the Phalaborwa Gate.
It is also the junction of the 3 main roads in the Park. The restcamp and caravan park have beautiful lawns and colossal shade trees, giving it character.
The area is well known for its large apple-leaf, umbrella thorn and mopane trees. Rare animals species, such as eland, Sharpe’s grysbok and roan may be seen, and common sights include elephant, buffalo, zebra, waterbuck, sable, nyala, tsessebe and cheetah.
The gravel road to Olifants Restcamp along the Great Letaba River provides a beautiful scenic drive on which plentiful game could be sighted.
Two other lookout points are within easy distance and worth visiting, namely the Engelhard dam to the east and the Mingerhout dam to the northwest.
An AA emergency service and workshop, information centre with the elephant as the central theme, film shows on conservation and wildlife certain evenings, first-aid centre, petrol and diesel, restaurant, self-service and take-aways at the cafeteria, laundromat, supermarket, barbecue facilities. Facilities
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- Conference Facilities
- ATM facility available
- Laundromat (in camp)
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Swimming Pool
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area on perimeter of camp with own swimming pool
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest Houses
- Cellphone receptionAccommodation at Letaba Restcamp - Kruger Park
• 60 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities) Maximum of 6 persons per site.
• 5 x rustic 3-bed units with communal ablution facilities. There are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery, but a communal kitchen (located at the old picnic spot) with sink and electric stoves is available. Also equipped with fridge, fan and air conditioner. Moreover you have a choice of perimeter or river view units. Please confirm when booking.
• 10 x 2-bed and 10 x 4-bed permanent furnished canvas tents on stilts, including a fridge, standing fan inside tent and small veranda. Communal ablutions and communal kitchens available.
• 86 x round–walled, single–room African style units with thatched roofs, 2 or 3 beds per unit, equipped with en–suite ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths). All units have air–conditioning, some have fans. Kitchenettes vary: some have hotplates and sinks; some have only sinks, while some have neither. Cutlery and crockery can be provided and hired from reception. More over you have a choice of with or without perimeter or riverside view. Please confirm when booking.
• 10 x 6-bed units (2 single beds in each bedroom), equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite), air-conditioning (only in the bedrooms), lounge/dining area (with ceiling fan), large veranda and outside braai. The open plan kitchen has a four plate gas stove with oven, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery and 6-seater dining room/lounge.
• These are large luxury units in prime positions inside the camp, with riverside view. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens) and multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
Melville: Sleeps 9, with 3 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room) and an additional single bed on the enclosed veranda.
Fish Eagle: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room) and has an exclusive bird hideImportant Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Kruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system
for the Kruger National Park.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.Gate hours
January - March: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
April - September: 06:00, 18:00 (Camp gates open 06:00
October: 05:30, 18:00 (Camp gates open 05:30)
November - December: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)Letaba Restcamp - Kruger Park Activities:
* Guided Bush Walks
* Game Drives
(Night and Day)
* Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai (Barbecue). Includes game drive to venue. Confirm availability when booking.
* Letaba Elephant Hall
* TV Lounge
* Riverside camp walk
* Masorini Ruins (located about 38 km west of the camp)
* Matambeni Bird Hide (located about 10 km north of the camp)
* Kids Educational Programme (Seasonal)
* Wilderness Trail
(Olifants Wilderness Trail)
Mananga 4 x 4 Adventure Trail (weather sensitive activity – book at Phalaborwa Gate)
Wildlife films (except Sundays)