Welcome to Les Hauts de Montagu
, a guest lodge offering 600 hectares of abundant, indigenous flora and situated on the beautiful slopes of the Langeberg Mountains. Here you will experience beauty, tranquility and comfort; perfect for nature lovers, relaxing getaways or a romantic weekend.
Just two hours out from Cape Town, the lodge is situated on the scenic Route 62 between Montagu and Barrydale, 3 km from the village of Montagu.
Facilities and Activities
- Relax by the swimming pool or take dip in its fresh clear mountain water
- Explore the olive farm
- Hikes in the Wilderness area with a map detailing our 8 trails
- Admire the indigenous fynbos, as well as succulents and Nama Karoo Biomes
- Enjoy bird watching at our bird hide
- Look out for black eagles, rock dassies, tortoises, wild birds, duikers and klipspringer
- Sip a glass of wine around our fireplace in the restaurant’s lounge or out on the patio
- Visit Montagu with its national monuments, crafts and hot springs
- Visit Robertson (25 km), valley of wine and roses
Accommodation at Les Hauts de Montagu:
Our Five luxury cottages are separated into 10 spacious en suite guest rooms.
* Each has their own fireplace, a bathroom with heated floors, a Victorian bathtub as well as an outside shower.
* The ceilings are open reed and lie under thatched roofing.
* From the veranda or shower, guests have a spectacular view of the Karoo Koppies, Waboomberg Mountains and four hectares olive orchard.
The facilities are very high-quality, and the food is excellent. The environment very pleasant and the staff provide a high level of service. The price may be slightly on the high side, however.
The accommodation at Hauts du Montagu is delightful - spacious and attractive with sensational views. It is a very peaceful, restful place and we wish we had been able to stay longer. The food is out of this world. Finally, the welcome and attention to detail provided by the owners and their staff is excellent.
A really beautiful place, elegant, comfortable, luxurious and charming. Breakfast was a work of art.
7 Church Street was lovingly restored over a 24-month period and is conveniently situated central to all amenities, while having 360-degree panoramic mountain views.The main house is adorned by a proliferation of original art work.
Enjoy this picturesque village with its hot mineral springs just outside of town. It offers a hands-on healing experience not to be missed! And neither should we be missed - country elegance, space and service, with an unbelievable atmosphere
per person sharing
Historical thatch monument in the heart of Montagu on the famous R62. Air conditioned cozy rooms with private entrances onto a courtyard shaded by 100 year old pear trees. Award winning restaurant and wine bar and cellar for true gourmet delights.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Experience tranquil Victorian living at John Montagu - an ideal retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Centrally situated in a quiet street in the pircturesque town of Montagu where the sky is blue and the mountains surround you.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Montagu Four Seasons offers three luxury units in a lovely private setting in centre of town. The cottages are in walking distance from our famous historical monuments (museums) and wide range of old architectural buildings as well as Restaurants.