Nestled between rugged mountain and the ocean, Kleinmond is a peaceful coastal town, on the edge of a unique biosphere reserve, boasting 1600 different species of indigeonous plants, and declared one of the planets few "World heritage Areas".
It is very conveniently situated for the tourist, within easy reach of Cape Town to the west, Cape Agulhas (the most southern tip of Africa) to the east, and the winelands of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek to the north. It is renowned for its abundance of lobster in summer, and whale watching in winter.
The view from Kleinmond Panorama
is unsurpassed. From your veranda, you can try and spot the legendary herd of wild horses gracing on the edge of the lagoon, or watch whales frolicking with their calves in the shallow water near the beach.
There are top rated golf courses in and around Kleinmond. The Kleinmond course is well kept, with beautiful vistas of the ocean and mountain, and fees are very reasonable.
There are 4 tennis courts across the road from Kleinmond Panorama. Kleinmond also offers you various hiking trails and a long sandy beach.
Accommodation at Kleinmond Panorama:
Modern upmarket extensively equipped self-catering units with 180 degrees views of main beach, lagoon and mountain; tennis courts and open park across the road. Television with M-Net and satellite in all units.
The units are 2 min walk from the beach and supermarkets.
Penthouse (first floor):
Comprising 3 bedrooms (main bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and own balcony), 2 bathrooms (one with seperate toilet and shower), large fully equipped kitchen, television, separate scullery/laundry. Open plan living area comprising TV-room, bar (seats 7), dining room (8 seater), lounge, braai/BBQ (wood and gas) and large stoep with unsurpassed views. (sleeps 6).
Two x ground floor comprising 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom, open plan kitchen/living room with breakfast bar, integrating with covered patio with built-in braai/BBQ. Both with 180 degrees view of beach, lagoon and mountain. (sleeps 4 private 6 max.).
One x first floor: 2 bedroom/1 bathroom, very large open plan living room/kitchen with breakfast bar. Fair view of main beach from living area, and beautiful mountain views from north facing bedrooms. Very secluded, with own private lawn and braai facilities. (sleep 6).
Large extra room:
Two single beds, bistro set, television, en suite shower room.
Facilities & Services:
- Honeymoon Couples
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
- Communal Satellite TV
Kleinmond Panorama Activities:
* Relax on the white sandy beach. The lagoon offers safe swimming for children of any age (200 m)
* Canoe, windsurf, snorkel, or take long walks along the shore. Mountain bikes are available.
* Go hiking on trails that lead to rivers and waterfalls, with the ocean always in full view ( 2km)
* Visit the botanical gardens and penguin colony at Bettys Bay, as well as the bird sanctuary (10 km).
* The casino at Caledon (40 km) has a health spa - relax in the centuries old mineral baths, said to be the cure for many illnesses.
* Visit the most southern tip of Africa, Agulhas (170 km), and the picture perfect old towns of Greyton and Genadendal (70 km), and Hermanus with its beautiful shoreline (30 km).
* 4 Tennis courts, bowling greens and open park are across the road.
* Golf can be played on the very deligtful Kleinmond Golf Course, or the Arabella Golf Estate which has one of the best courses in the country, and boasts a Sheraton Hotel, recently rated as one of the best hotels in the world, with very upmarket wellness centre.
* A round trip through Franschhoek and Stellenbosch, returning via Gordons Bay and Rooiels (195 km), will take you through the heart of the winelands and along a most scenic marine/mountain drive, with lots of time to dine, do wine tasting and take pictures.
* Vineyards with wine tasting facilities with-in easy reach.
Kleinmond Panorama Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
Comfortable walking shoes, swimwear (in summer) and binoculars are necessary. The weather during winter months (May to Sept) is mild and very comfortable, but, as it is the rainy season in this region, it is advisable to bring rain gear and something warm for the evenings.
Kleinmond Panorama Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
Great - neat and tidy, very comfortable. will definitely recommend to others.
Rating: Reviewed by Sue Nortje over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Kleinmond Panorama:
Accommodation options within 8km from Kleinmond Panorama include:
Experience charming, elegant rondavels, chalets and log cabins, fully equipped for self-catering inside a private nature reserve. Enjoy abundant bird life, cross the footbridge to the endless, unspoiled beach and watch spectacular sunsets.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Bordering on the coatal nature reserve Herd's Cove offers superb mountain and sea views. Relax in this haven of peace and tranquility. We offer 2 large luxuriously furnished guest rooms and a comfortable lounge that leads on to a sea facing deck.
per person sharing
Welcome to VillaChad luxury guesthouse accommodation in Kleinmond. If you are lookinbg for style, luxury and tranquility, VillaChad offers all that and much more.
per person sharing
Van Den Berg's offers everything from great cuisine, fynbos and beach walks to relaxing patio views and many adventures of this region. We also have stunning views of the Overberg Mountains to the north, Walker Bay to the east and the Atlantic Ocean.
Die Rotse Host House & Self-catering is a 4-Star graded Self-catering facility, located in a peaceful cul-de-sac on Beach Road, Kleinmond, in the Western Cape.