The Karoo Gateway Guesthouse is situated on the N1, only 10 km North West from Beaufort West, the heart of the Great Karoo.
A palm tree lane leads to the Spanish-styled guesthouse, which originally operated as the Beaufort West Airport building. The guesthouse was previously known as “The Flight Deck”, and recently upgraded under new management.
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city and traffic noises, guests can unwind and enjoy sundowners in the bar/lounge area up in the old control tower with wrap around balcony, surrounded by 360°C of magnificent views of the Karoo veld and Nuweveld mountains.
Guests can enjoy the tranquil surroundings and birdsong on the patio, and of course star gazing that the famous Karoo night skies offer. Braai/barbeque facilities are available and guests can also relax in the winter evenings in front of the fire place in the lounge area.
A lovely continental breakfast and a full farmhouse breakfast is served in the dining room on request, whilst guests can experience true Karoo hospitality. Dinner is a set menuof the evening & needs to be pre-booked before five o`clock on the day of arrival and is reserved for overnight guests.
Kindly note that this is a non-smoking establishment. Comfortable outside smoking areas on the patios has been designated for this purpose.
The spacious rooms are stylishly furnished and decorated in the colours of the Karoo and offers affordable accommodation for single travellers to families on their way to a holiday destination. All rooms offer tea- and coffee trays:
- Room 1- en-suite, sleeps 2 (2 single beds); shower
- Room 2 - en-suite, sleeps 1 (1 single bed); shower
- Room 3 - en-suite, sleeps 4 (1 double bed; 1 bunk bed); bath
- Room 4 - sleeps 4 (2 single beds; 1 bunk bed); full bathroom just across the passage only for this room
- Room 5 - en-suite, sleeps 2 (1 king size bed); shower
- Room 6 - en-suite, sleeps 2 (1 dubble bed); shower
- Room 7 - en-suite, sleeps 4 (1 dubble bed; 1 bunk bed); bath
- Room 8 - en-suite, sleeps 2 (2 single beds); shower
- Room 9 - en-suite, sleeps 2 (2 single beds); shower
- Room 10 - en-suite, sleeps 4 (1 dubble bed; 1 bunk bed); shower, this room is also
the pets unit and is also semi-self catering
- Room 11 - en-suite, sleeps 2 (2 single beds); shower, this is also the disabled persons unit with its own
- All are now equipped with full air conditioners
- We now have a great outdoor pool with build gazebo as well as a new build bar & lounge area
Facilities in Rooms / Units:
- secure wi-fi broadband available (free of charge)
- 100% cotton bed linen & towels
- coffee/tea making facilities
- no smoking in rooms
Activities & Attractions nearby
- bird watching
- bicycle touring
- quad bikes
- Karoo national park (16 km)
- Town centre & shopping mall (10 km)
- Chris Barnard museum (10 km)
- Springfontein dam (8 km)
- Molteno pass
- De Jagers pass
Facilities & Services:
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Mini Golf
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Karoo Gateway Guesthouse Map:
Karoo Gateway Guesthouse Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
Very happy with our stay - thank you and we will definitely stay next year.
Rating: Reviewed by Grant Smith over a year ago
We were warmly welcomed by Leticia and enjoyed a very good evening meal of Karoo Lamb. Her concern for our wellbeing was appreciated and so was the offer to prepare early breakfast and to pack food for the rest of our journey. The only adverse comment is that the lock on the door Room 1 was faulty, but we did not mention it to her.
Rating: Reviewed by Leslie Mortimer over a year ago
Very beautiful place. Staff professional. Had a lovely supper and breakfast. Definitely recommend to our family and friends!
Rating: Reviewed by Justin Maxwell over a year ago
Excellent facilities, very friendly staff and management - food average.
Rating: Reviewed by Esme van der Merwe over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Karoo Gateway Guesthouse:
Accommodation options within 8km from Karoo Gateway Guesthouse include:
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
This Game Lodge lies in the heart of the Karoo, against a backdrop of the majestic Nuweveld Mountain Range, with views over Beaufort West and the vast Karoo plains.
La Paix (means peace in French) is situated in a quiet suburb in Beaufort West. Our location is easy to find and conveniently situated. La Paix presently has 7 units, some self catering. All units have DSTV, air conditioning, bar fridge.
Guest Rating: (8 reviews)
The popular self catering and B&B accommodation is situated in the up market and peaceful area in the highest street of Beaufort West. We are 1.1km away from the city centre and the N1 Highway Cape Town - Johannesburg.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
The very popular and well-known Wagon Wheel Country Lodge is conveniently located just off the N1, just 1km from the charming Great Karoo town of Beaufort West on the Johannesburg side.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
This recently renovated Karoo farmhouse is set on one of the vast plains of the Great Karoo, conveniently located 8 km from the beautiful town of Beaufort West, and 1.5 km from the N1.
per person sharing