Situated high up on a red sand dune in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
, overlooking a waterhole in the dry bed of the ancient Auob River, the Kalahari Tent Camp - Kgalagadi Park
welcomes you to capture the spirit of the land of thirst.
This exclusive getaway for the discerning visitor, boasts 15 chalets each elegantly decorated with rustic finishes using wood, sand and canvas exteriors all in the resonant colours of the park.
The tent camp is 5km from the Mata Mata Rest Camp where Kalahari Tent Camp residents can refuel and get basic supplies at the rest camp. The camp is designed in such a way that residents feel they have only themselves and the desert for company.
A swimming pool is available and a waterhole (look-out).
Visitors to Kalahari Tent Camp should please note the following:
- The camp and access road are strictly for the use of its residents only!
- Visitors must supply their own firewood or charcoal
- Visitors must supply their own drinking water
- No fuel and no shop, closet facilities at Mata Mata Accommodation at Kalahari Tent Camp - Kgalagadi Park:
1 luxury honeymoon desert tent
4 family desert tents (two beds and a stack bed)
10 two-bed desert tents (two of the units have been made accessible to visitors with mobility impairment)
The units have:
- Single beds
- Bathroom with shower, hand basin and Toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, fridge, hot water, cutlery, crockery
- Patio with a braai
- Solar lighting
- Ceiling fan
- Gas for hot water and cookingImportant Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.
Excellent, simple and quiet place to watch animals passing by in short distance.
Awesome view and very friendly and helpful people, made our stay very special
Excellent value for money and a wonderful atmosphere. The jackall chorus was priceless.
The Tents are nice furnished and well prepared. Even a thunderstorm was no problem. The surrounding is marvellous, overlooking a part of the Auob valley. You can really feel as part of the nature without the lack of comfort. The rangers are helpful and extremely friendly - a lot of reasons to come back.
Guest Rating: (9 reviews)
Mata Mata Restcamp in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park is situated on the banks of the Auob River on the western boundary of the Park. The camp borders Namibia and is surrounded by thorny Kalahari dune bushveld.
per unit, Max: 2
As the only Game Lodge in the southern region of Namibia with free roaming lions, the Kalahari Game Lodge is a haven still to be discovered, situated on the eastern border of Namibia adjacent to the Kgalagadi Park, just 18 km from Mata-Mata.