Situated high up on a red sand dune in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
, overlooking a waterhole in the dry bed of the ancient Auob River, the Kalahari tent camp welcomes you to capture the spirit of the land of thirst.
This exclusive getaway for the discerning visitor, boasts 15 chalets each elegantly decorated with rustic finishes using wood, sand and canvas exteriors all in the resonant colours of the park.
The tent camp is 5km from the Mata Mata Rest Camp where Kalahari Tent Camp residents can refuel and get basic supplies at the rest camp. The camp is designed in such a way that residents feel they have only themselves and the desert for company.
A swimming pool is available and a waterhole (look-out).
Visitors to Kalahari Tent Camp should please note the following:
- The camp and access road are strictly for the use of its residents only!
- Visitors must supply their own firewood or charcoal
- Visitors must supply their own drinking water
- No fuel and no shop, closet facilities at Mata Mata
1 luxury honeymoon desert tent
4 family desert tents (two beds and a stack bed)
10 two-bed desert tents (two of the units have been made accessible to visitors with mobility impairment)
The units have:
Bathroom with shower, hand basin and Toilet
Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, fridge, hot water, cutlery, crockery
Patio with a braai
Gas for hot water and cooking
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.
Click here for Rates/Bookings