- highly recommended and accredited B&B and Self-catering accommodation (up to 11 people) is offered at affordable rates in well-appointed rooms overlooking peaceful gardens with swimming pool in KwaZulu-Natal’s historical capital and Tourist Hub.
Rooms are air-conditioned. DSTV (Satellite television) in rooms. Laundry by arrangement. WiFi Internet in all rooms.
Member of National Accommodation Association of South Africa, KwaZulu-Natal B&B Association, Midlands B&B Association and Msunduzi-Pietermaritzburg Tourism Association. Personally supervised by Des and Lyn and their friendly staff.
Accommodation at Jean-Lee B&B:
You are offered a fully self-catering Cottage (Alan Paton Cottage) or you can choose our Double rooms which are semi self-catering (fridge and microwave) or add breakfast.
One of the rooms overlooks the swimming pool (with a gazebo outside the room) and another of the rooms has a small patio area outside the room.
- A double en-suite room [with shower], which is small and intimate. It overlooks the Jean-Lee B&B swimming pool so you can almost walk out of the room and into the swimming pool. It has a large gazebo outside its entrance, under which you can sit and relax. It has tea/coffee facilities and has a microwave, fridge, kettle and toaster with cutlery/crockery making it semi self-catering. It is air-conditioned [cooling & heating] and has a satellite flat screen television.
- A double en-suite room [with shower], which has a small secluded garden with patio outside its entrance; this enables you to have a place to unwind after a long day. It has tea/coffee facilities and has a microwave, fridge, kettle and toaster with cutlery/crockery making it semi self-catering. It is air-conditioned [cooling & heating] and has a satellite flat screen television.
- A double en-suite room [with shower], which forms part of Alan Paton Cottage [see below]. It can be hired separately or as part of Alan Paton Cottage. This rooms provides you with the option of two single beds or a king size bed. It has tea/coffee facilities and you have access to a microwave, fridge, kettle and toaster with cutlery/crockery making semi self-catering. It is air-conditioned [cooling & heating] and has a satellite flat screen television.
- A family room, which consists of two inter-leading rooms which are separated by a glass sliding door, with curtains making each one private if needed. The 2 inter-leading rooms share a bathroom which has both a shower and a bathtub. It forms part of Alan Paton Cottage [see below]. It can be hired separately or as part of Alan Paton Cottage. It can sleep up to 5 people in total. It has tea/coffee facilities and has access to a microwave, fridge, kettle and toaster with cutlery/crockery making it semi self-catering. It is air-conditioned [cooling and heating] and has a satellite flat screen television.
Alan Paton Cottage
- This is a fully self-catering Cottage, consisting of the Lavender Room and Rose Room [see above]. The fully equipped kitchen has a stove as well as the facilities described above. The minimum rate for this Cottage is based on the Rate for 4 people, which a small additional amount per person up to 7 people.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Swimming Pool
Jean-Lee B&B Activities:
Close to Hospitals, Airport, University, Independent schools (Epworth, St. Charles, St. Johns), State schools (Merchiston, Maritzburg College, PMB Girls High), Scottsville Racecourse, Golfcourse, Golden Horse Casino, Tatham Art Gallery, museums, famous Victorian buildings, Comrades, Amashovashova Cycle and Duzi Canoe marathon route, UCI MTB Venue, Royal Showgrounds, Shopping centres including Liberty Mall, Restaurants, Cinemas and major Sporting Venues.
Close to Drakensberg mountains, Durban beaches, South Coast beaches, Midlands Meander, Howick Falls, Midmar Mile venue, Anglo-Boer and Zulu War sites, Tala Game Reserve, African Birds of Prey Sanctuary, Butterflies for Africa, KZN Freedom Route, Nelson Mandela [Capture Site & Sculpture] and Gandhi monuments. Easy access to CBD and N3 highway.
Jean-Lee B&B Map:
Health & Climate:
In mid-summer, temperatures in Pietermaritzburg can get quite high with high humidity. However all the rooms are air-conditioned which keep you comfortable. Overhead fans are also available.
Winter temperatures are for the most part moderate but low temperatures can be experienced from time to time - it is unusual for temperatures to drop below 5C and in any event, the rooms have heating.
Pietermaritzburg is a malaria free area so no precautions are needed in this regard.
Other Accommodation near Jean-Lee B&B:
Accommodation options within 8km from Jean-Lee B&B include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Situated in Hayfields, we have 4 very comfortable en suite rooms with all the extras needed. Close to schools, University and other amenities. Off street parking with remote access and private entry to rooms. B&B or self catering options available.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Enjoy the African Experience of home. Close to Duzi, Golden Horse casino, race course, and, city centre, university and malls. Offering tranquil surroundings, complete security and privacy.
Beautifully appointed with an African safari lodge flavour. Close to all amenities and extremely affordable. Offering you a choice of self catering or B & B. Suitable for families, corporate guests, sporting groups and tourists alike.
per person sharing
Heritage House is an old Maritzburg red brick home approximately 120 years old offering beautifully decorated en-suite accommodation for up to 14 people.
per person sharing
Lincoln Cottages was conceived, designed and landscaped by Ken and Monica Phillips. The tastefully decorated Cottages were hand built by the owners, and therefore the accommodation which is offered bears a reflection of love and commitment to excellence.
per person sharing