Offering superior service with unashamed flair, Hopefield Country House & Guest Farm is the ideal spot for a quiet weekend away or as your home base when you explore the natural beauty of the Eastern Cape.
Spend a relaxing day sunbathing by the swimming pool or take a leisurely stroll through the citrus orchards. Wonder around in our garden where surprises lurk behind every corner.
Various species of bird make their home here and fascinating hours can be spent watching their behaviour. The rose garden boasts more than 50 rose varieties, continuously providing an array of colour from spring to autumn.
The homestead offers spacious areas in which to relax whilst listening to the sounds of everyday country living or maybe even a favourite classical music piece on CD from our vast collection. Internet access and Satellite TV is available in the common area.
Scrumptious breakfasts and mouthwatering dinners will ensure that your stay at Hopefield Country House & Guest Farm remains a highlight of your holiday or business trip.
Facilities & Services:
- Honeymoon Couples
- Laundry Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Swimming Pool
Nine individually decorated en suite bedrooms will envelope you in luxury.
Crisp percale linen on our king, queen or twin single beds will ensure a peaceful nights sleep.
Bedrooms are equipped with Air-conditioning, flat-screen TV as well as all amenities to ensure your stay is comfortable and care-free.
Hopefield Country House Activities:
- Various Game viewing and other excursions can be arranged to suit most budgets – from the magnificent Addo Elephant to the humble dung Beatle the Greater Addo Area abounds with nature’s splendour.
- Experiencing Africa is easy in Addo. You can ride or walk with elephants in the Addo Elephant National Park – have close encounters with Lions and other members of the Big 5 at Schotia Private Game Reserve or experience an exhilarating drive in an open landcruiser over sand dunes down to the sea at Dunefields Reserve – and this is but the tip of the iceberg!
- Various hiking trails and 4X4 routes are situated in close proximity and expert guides can be arranged to personalize your excursions. Your schedule can be as relaxed or as active as you want it to be!
- For those guests lucky enough to be staying over at the time of one of our frequent classical music soirees Hopefield Country House offers an opportunity to hear beautiful music performed in a magical setting by some of the best local and nationally acclaimed artists.
Hopefield Country House Map:
Hopefield Country House Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
Wonderful garden, excellent food, very good and polite staff.
Rating: Reviewed by Christian Martens over a year ago
Room was roomy and clean. The dinner was excellent and there was a lot of attention to every details. We can highly recommend this country house.
Rating: Reviewed by Irene Spikins over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Hopefield Country House:
Accommodation options within 8km from Hopefield Country House include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Combine luxury accommodation with a culinary experience only minutes away from the Addo National Elephant Park. Guests can enjoy dinner in our restaurant voted one of the top 30 in S.A, our guide can also tailor make your game drive experiences.
Africanos Country Estate prides itself on its tranquil atmospher. This hotel comprises of luxurious guest suites, each rich with character and yet ever so modest making it the perfect home away from home.
Experience the beauty and tranquility of Gerald's Gift Guest House which offers luxury accommodation in the heart of the Sundays River Valley, 15 kms from the world-renowned and Malaria-free Addo Elephant National Park.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Addo's luxurious secret. Situated outside Addo Elephant National Park. Guided Safaris, Elephant back rides, fine dining, luxury accommodation, excellent service our passion. Winner : AA Travel Accommodation Award 2009 - Luxury Lodge.
Halstead Farm is a double storey 'Provence style' farmhouse built just before the turn of the 20th century when the Sundays River valley came into prominence as a citrus growing region. Ten minutes from the gate of Addo Elephant Park.
per person sharing