Scolopia Cabin (sleeps 6):
This comfortable wooden two-bedroomed house is situated on the edge of the indigenous forest, 500m from the reserve entrance. Bushbuck and other small game, not to mention birds, frequent the forest edge to feed at dusk and dawn. The house is situated near the start of a day hike.
The house was named after the red pear tree, an indigenous tree species often seen in the forest. It has a fully equipped kitchen (with microwave), a bathroom, and a living room with a fireplace (jetmaster). It also has a spacious shaded braai area alongside the cottage. It sleeps six people. One room has two single beds, another has one single bed and a bunk bed. The living room has an extra bed.
Bathroom: Warm/cold water available; bath only
Kitchen: Equipped with a stove and fridge
- Swimming in Duivenhoks River, a 2km hike from the tourist complex
- Cottage water is naturally brown in colour and not polluted. However, boiling is recommended prior to drinking.
- Electricity provided in all cottages
- Braai facilities available
- Wood provided for first night; thereafter for sale at neighbourng farm
- No shop on site
- Cottages fully equipped with bed linen, cutlery, crockery
Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve Map:
Situated on the Honeywood farm, on the foothills of the Langeberg, about 45 km from Swellendam. Offers horse-riding, swimming and participation in farming activities.. Bird-watching and hiking trails.
per person sharing