is a rustic fully equipped self-catering cottage, with a fridge/freezer and microwave / oven.
It is situated 1/2 km away from Forest Creek Lodge & Spa area next to the indigenous forest, with stunning view of the mountains, and is totally private.
We provide towels, soap, tea, coffee; all you need to bring is your food, clothes shampoos etc. It has limited DSTV.
The cottage comprises 1 queen bedroom en-suite (bath and toilet, with the shower over the bath), another small bedroom with single bed and a double sleeper couch in the lounge.
We provide firewood for the fireplace and braai, should you wish to braai on charcoal, then please bring your own.
You are welcome to book any activity and or meal at the lodge if you take the self catering option.
Location of Forest Cottage:
A question often asked is "Where are you?" The only way we can explain this is to say, if you were in Dullstroom and jumped off the mountain, you would land in our gorge (Box canyon).
Dullstroom is on top of our mountain range. Lydenburg is to the east, 35 km away.
Forest Cottage Activities: Bush bath
- Set in a secluded spot, enjoy a 'Bath' in the bush, with lots of bubbles and champagne under the moonlight and stars.
- Indulge yourself in our private Spa overlooking the gorge, go home feeling relaxed and stress free.
Gazebo romantic private dinner
- Spoil your loved one, and request this romantic setting for a totally private candle lit dinner under the gazebo. Many a proposal of marriage has been accepted in this lovely setting.
- A picnic packed in a rucksack, get ready to hike to the waterfall.
- A picnic set out for you in a private spot, with champagne, a good one for the romantic at heart.
- Bring along your own Jet Ski and enjoy a day of fantastic skiing on the Kwena dam. The dam is 1200 Hectares. Picnic’s available. There is no charge, and parking is available for your trailers and Ski’s.
- Enjoy a day’s outing and visit the ‘Elephant Whisperers’ where one can interact with the Elephants. You get to touch and feel the animal, and have a educational talk on the animal after which you can go for a ride on this magnificent beast.
- Marked trails through the forest, along the stream, (where in summer you can see the tiny tree Orchids, ferns and flowers, and fungi).
- An altitude ideally suited to the rapid growth of Rainbow and Brown trout. Our cold, clear perennial stream feeds the trophy dam.
- We have a prolific variety of uncommon species of Birds that can be seen, including a resident pair of Black Eagles. We have a Forest Creek bird list.
- 4 km down the hill, book a ride in our scenic valley.
- Bring your bikes and enjoy the off road cycling. Great views as you ride. A hard ride.
Clay pigeon shooting
- An interesting and testing range for the novice and experienced shotists. Use our Winchester 12 and 20 gauge shotguns for serious practice of just for fun.
- Game drives are available by prior arrangement only, on a neighbouring property 15 km away. Please note that you must drive yourself to the farm. The ranch manager in a game viewing vehicle will then guide you. Picnic's are available from Forest Creek.
Forest Cottage Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
Health & Climate:
This is a malaria free zone
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Set in a Private Nature Reserve, in a gorge of the Steinkampsburg Mountains. Once at Forest Creek Lodge the grassland is left behind, and one enters this little enchanted world. From luxury lodge accommodation and a self-catering options. Spa on site.
Self Catering Accommodation and Horse Trails nestled at the foot of the magnificent Steenkamps Mountains and overlooking the Kwena Dam.
per unit, Max: 2