The Fish River Sun Hotel and Country Club Resort
along South Africa’s Sunshine Coast offers beautiful accommodation in the Eastern Cape. Set between two magnificent rivers and only a short walking distance from unspoiled beaches, this 3-star resort offers breath-taking views of the surrounding countryside and Indian Ocean.
Conveniently situated just outside of Port Alfred, a popular seaside destination, The Fish River Sun is an ideal choice for a family holiday. There`s a wealth of outdoor activities to enjoy at the resort, from fishing and swimming to nature trails. Explore the area`s rich cultural history, or tackle the challenging 18-hole Gary Player-designed Fish River golf course.
Top reasons to visit Fish River Sun Hotel and Country Club Resort:
- Excellent 3-star hotel near Port Alfred.
- One of South Africa’s top championship golf courses regarded as a ‘must play’ by golf authorities.
- Kamp Kwena holiday entertainment programmes for kids.
- Within easy walking distance to excellent swimming beaches.
- On-site restaurants and bars.
- A selection of conference venues and facilities.
- Situated on the R72, the Fish River Sun is the ideal stopover between Port Elizabeth and East London, and serves as a perfect venue for out-of-town conferences, functions and romantic weddings.
Accommodation at Fish River Sun Hotel and Country Club Resort:
- Room size: 30 sqm / 322 sq ft
- Sleeps 2 people
- 1 bedroom with twin beds
- 1 bathroom
- Satellite channels
- Universal plug points (voltage 220/240V)
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Writing desk
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Ironing and laundry service (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (07h00 to 22h00)
- Newspapers on request
Restaurants and Bars:
From à la carte cuisine to braais on the beach, Fish River Sun offers a handful of restaurants near Port Alfred that enjoy coastal views and are renowned for their excellent service.
Fish River Sun offers either a buffet or a la carte menu which is served in the Wahoo restaurant.
Relax at the Pool Bar with a cold beverage and tasty snack. This is a family-friendly spot beside the outdoor swimming pool that is open during Season.
The Kontiki Bar:
Situated at Fish River Hotel, The Kontiki Bar and Snack Station offer light meals and snacks.
Castaways Beach Bar:
This fun and secluded island style beach bar is situated a few steps from the beach and offers a great taste of carefree island life.
Conference and Wedding Venues:
Fish River Sun has a number of excellent venues to host your next conference or event, and offers stylish banqueting options for a romantic out-of-town wedding.
Local attractions in Port Alfred:
- Great Fish River
- The Kowie River
- Fish River Lighthouse
- Little Brewery on the River
- Grahamstown Museums and Galleries
- Hiking Trails
- Night drives
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Fort D'Acre Reserve, with panoramic views over the bushveld, ocean and Great Fish River Mouth, offers luxury, comfort and the thrill of seeing wildlife such as buffalo, giraffe, zebra and a wide range of antelope, alongside excellent birdlife.
per person sharing