Our unique cliff top position offers you a dramatic view over the Sundays River whilst you are relaxing on your private deck or having an outdoor shower. After a memorable game drive, enjoy the tranquil atmosphere at the lodge or laze around our rim-flow pool.
At Esiweni Lodge we offer delicious meals with a range of excellent South African wines. We also offer an outdoor boma experience or a private dinner in our intimate wine cellar.
Although you arrive as guests, our warm hospitality will ensure that you will be part of the family in no time at all!
Esiweni Lodge offers five, luxurious, individual suites. Each has an indoor shower, magnificent views from the bath and a private, outdoor shower. Two of the suites are interconnected for use as a family unit.
Each suite has underfloor heating for cold winter nights and overhead fans for warm, summer evenings. Our honeymoon suite has a private, outdoor bath with stunning views across the valley.
Fully retracting patio doors open onto private decks where you can enjoy the majestic views of the Sundays River, waterfall and valley below. The décor of the main lodge is elegant depicting a colonial safari theme.
Large, stone hearths warm the lounge and dining areas on cold, winter nights. During good weather, outdoor dining overlooking the valley is served on the vast, wooden deck. An intercom system is in place to connect each suite to the lodge staff in case of emergencies. Safes are also provided.
Esiweni Lodge Activities:
Esiweni Lodge is distinguished by its cliff-top location and panoramic views. Guests can relax in the tranquil setting while enjoying the sounds of the bush and the river below. In addition, Esiweni Lodge also offers:
* Extensive bird life.
* Cheetah, hyena, hippo and more than 30 mammal species.
* A Big-5 wildlife and nature conservancy in the 20 000 acre Nambiti Private Game Reserve.
* A wide biodiversity including grassland, savannah, thornveld, ravine bush, acacia trees, grasses and aloes with topography ranging from plains to valleys, mountains and waterfalls.
* Two game drives per day conducted by a fully qualified, experienced game ranger in a comfortable game-viewing vehicle.
* Night drives where you can enjoy and learn about the stars of the Southern Hemisphere in skies free of light and pollution.
* Close proximity to the historic Anglo-Zulu and Anglo-Boer battlefields.
* Elandslaagte battlefield and memorial is located on the edge of the Reserve.
Esiweni Lodge Map:
Health & Climate:
We are situated in a malaria free area
Nambiti Plains Private Game Lodge is an exclusive 5 star, 14 bed lodge, nestled amongst the fauna and flora of the spectacular 22 000 acres malaria free Nambiti Game Reserve. Guests can see the Big 5 as well as a variety of other mammal species and birds.
per person sharing
Elephant Rock Private Safari Lodge is situated in the Big 5, malaria free, Nambiti Private Game Reserve near Ladysmith. Superbly sited overlooking a waterhole, Elephant Rock is a charming boutique safari lodge offering luxury accommodation.
per person sharing