Edenwood House is one those special places to stay, that one seeks when planning a holiday or business trip to the Garden Route. We pride ourselves on welcoming our guests with true South African hospitality and personal attention.
The house itself is nestled at the foot of the Outeniqua Mountains in a tranquil setting called Eden, which is adjacent the Katberg Nature Reserve. Its meandering garden, tumbling river and comfortable ambiance, make it a sheer pleasure to return to after a day of exploring the Garden Route and surrounds.
When they moved to George in 1993, Dawn and Stan had the idea of creating a "home from home" where family, friends and strangers (soon to become friends), could come to stay and relax and unwind. Finally in 1995 they found the perfect place. A character house, needing renovation, but with the potential to create that dream of a quality guest house/ B&B, but still with that feeling of home.
This upmarket, safe and tranquil establishment opened it`s doors in October 1995 and since then the dream has evolved into this lovingly renovated haven, Edenwood House.
What to expect:
- Up-market nonsmoking holiday and business accommodation, at very reasonable rates. Consisting of four well appointed self-catering units, a luxury suite, plus a budget double room, all with en-suite bathrooms.
- Full traditional English or continental breakfast and dinner by arrangement.
- Rooms tastefully appointed with Satellite TV and full-facilities (fans, heaters, fridge, hairdryer, safe and tea/coffee).
- Free Wireless (WiFi) High-Speed Internet Access available.
- Fax and business support facilities on request.
- Laundry Service available on request (week days).
- Spacious lounges, leading to balcony and summer room with spectacular mountain/reserve views.
- Sparkling salt water pool (towels supplied).
- We will gladly assist you with bookings for Golf at local clubs, local tours, restaurants, plus onward travel arrangements.
The rooms at Edenwood House are all individually decorated with their own personality. Quality mattresses and fine linens that make them comfortable and cosy. The bathrooms all have showers accompanied by soft towels and toiletries. Heaters, fans, safes and hairdryers are available for each unit.
Some of our rooms are B&B only and some have fully equipped kitchens so are suitable for self-catering if required and can be offered at a different rate. We also have a family unit that sleeps six very comfortably and great for groups or families travelling together.
All the rooms are spacious with luxury queen beds, except The Poppy Room which is or cute "Budget" option but also has a comfy double bed and TV etc.